Huggies Forum

Would you be offended... Lock Rss

Yep, I would get offended, and I HAVE got offended when my child has been told to shut up. My own mother told my daughter to shut up when she was about 18mths old and i ripped it into her. You dont tell a baby to shut up! I would not be offended if my mother hushed her, like 'shhhhh' nicely, but to tell a baby to shut up! omg, angry thinking of it!

But yeah, I agree, you have the right to have a go at whomever told yr child to shut up, you are the mummy!

That has to be the most horrid expresssion. Is BILs girlfriend all there??
I had a similar situation happen to me but with my Aunty. We were away on holidays and went to stay with them and after being in the car for 4 hours DD was tired and cranky and was having a screaming session (she was 7/8 months old at the time).

My Aunty screamed back at her, right in her face. DH and I were too astonished to say anything to her at the time and I really regret it. Were are going to see them again in a couple of weeks and I am nervous about her doing it again but know that we will react better this time.

I think its appalling for anyone to do this to a child or baby. I hope you and your DH say something next time.

I had a similar situation happen to me but with my Aunty. We were away on holidays and went to stay with them and after being in the car for 4 hours DD was tired and cranky and was having a screaming session (she was 7/8 months old at the time).

My Aunty screamed back at her, right in her face. DH and I were too astonished to say anything to her at the time and I really regret it. Were are going to see them again in a couple of weeks and I am nervous about her doing it again but know that we will react better this time.

I think its appalling for anyone to do this to a child or baby. I hope you and your DH say something next time.

I don't give a crap if it was an aunty or your mother, i would have b!tch-slapped the cow.

I don't give a crap if it was an aunty or your mother, i would have b!tch-slapped the cow.

Much agreed, i was going to write that but wasnt up for peoples comments saying 'Violence isnt the answer' lol
I dont give a crap it is when it comes down to some b!TCH talking to my child like that!

Much agreed, i was going to write that but wasnt up for peoples comments saying 'Violence isnt the answer' lol
I dont give a crap it is when it comes down to some b!TCH talking to my child like that!

Honestly, would anyone say 'oh, i would ask them very nicely not to scream in my infants face again'?? I'm fiercely protective of my daughter. I'm also very laid back and respectful to people but if someone did that to my child fur would fly.

As cranky as I would be I would start a family arguement over it.

If she says it again I would calmly point out that the baby is only 15 weeks old and has no idea what this woman is on about, and that you dont think that it is an appropriate way to speak to a child.

Basically make her look like the idiot she is but in a sickening nice kind of way.

Julia (14yrs), Cooper (6yrs) & Amarlia (14 months)

If you dont say something it will keep happening,i told a lady of in the shops once a complete stranger because she told my 10 mth old son to shut up he was talking told her if she cant stand noise in the plaza that she should go home stand up for your children you dont speak to her that why, you say shut your pie hole to someone on the street being a loud dick head not a little baby.
a baby yes, ds2 no, he never stops and I would congratulate the person who got him to shut up for 5 minutes!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

a baby yes, ds2 no, he never stops and I would congratulate the person who got him to shut up for 5 minutes!

laugh sounds like my son...but then again, if they didn't talk we'd be wondering what was wrong.
Back to the OP, I hope you do stand up and say something, although I do hope there is NOT a next time...

Sign in to follow this topic