Huggies Forum

What am i going to do Lock Rss

Ok ladies, you always come to my rescue and make me feel better which i could never thank you all for.
Hubby just came home and told me that his mother wants me to ring her to talk about when i have little one.
She reckons she loses too much money taking off 2 weeks when i have little one and wants to know when i going to have him.
Hubby already told her that we have no idea when he wants to arrive.
I rang my Mum who i have ask to look after bub the whole time and of course she said Yes.
We talk about this before i said Mil looks after bub for a day then the next day my Mum will and so on.

My mum doesn't drive so she either have to get a taxi over which she fine about or Hubby has to pick her up. I was thinking i give my mum money for taxi's.

So what do i say to MIL cause i will not be able to talk nice.

We talk about this before i said Mil looks after bub for a day then the next day my Mum will and so on.

My mum doesn't drive so she either have to get a taxi over which she fine about or Hubby has to pick her up. I was thinking i give my mum money for taxi's.

So what do i say to MIL cause i will not be able to talk nice.

When you say bub do you mean your firstborn? Could they each take a week instead of day on, day off?

If you're going to give your mum money for taxi's it might be nice to give MIL some money for the work she will miss?

MIl was going to take 2 weeks holiday. She normally takes 2 weeks off in July but since little man due at the end of june she was taking her holidays 2 weeks early. Her work is flexy when it comes to this type of thing.
I forgot to say that (Sorry).

Oh well that would work out well! But of course, unless you are having a c-section, how will you know when bubs is going to come?

I was a bit funny about my elective c-section (bit of denial there) and even though we knew the date for DD2, I only told my mother the week before I was scheduled as she was going to look after DD1.

That the thing. I've been told i can push little one out but if his heart rate drops or his head up i will have a c-section.
Plus we may not know until it's time. Little one head may be down one week and the next it may be up.

If your mum is willing to have bubs the whole time your in hospital, why not let her. But perhaps (if she's on good terms with your DH) ask her to stay at your house? Saves on taxi fees and not to mention keeps bub settled and in a routine as I would think he would be a bit upset that you have to stay in hospital rather then be home with him. I know my DS was. If you want to please your MIL too, ask her to have him during the day, a couple of times maybe?

If your mum is willing to have bubs the whole time your in hospital, why not let her. But perhaps (if she's on good terms with your DH) ask her to stay at your house? Saves on taxi fees and not to mention keeps bub settled and in a routine as I would think he would be a bit upset that you have to stay in hospital rather then be home with him. I know my DS was. If you want to please your MIL too, ask her to have him during the day, a couple of times maybe?

My mum coming to my house, her rule is keep bub in his routine where he happy and has all his things.
I ask hubby about her staying a night or 2 and see what he thinks.

My MIL works during the day and by the sounds of it thinks money more important.

Just a update.
Hubby talk to his mum and said don't take anytime off, that my MIL will do everyday and is happy to do so.

Hubby wants to talk to his mother over the weekend when we all go over. He not happy about it but he very happy that my mum is very happy to help out.

Sign in to follow this topic