Huggies Forum

epi-pens Lock Rss

Hey all as the title says I am just wondering if anyone on here uses an epi or has someone in the family that does? I am just curious how long yours normally have before they expire when you buy them????

Leigha''s little men smile

The ones i have had for my son were a year.

The ones i have had for my son were a year.

see that is what I was told and now I am furious because I bought 2 today for my son and they expire this year... now I know that the govt pay a lot of the cost but I was told by a friend today that they only cover 2 each year and that we will need to pay full price to replace them so that means that in 6 months I am going to have to pay 212 to replace them... does this sound right? I know I should not complain and no matter the cost we will get them but sheesh...

I had to buy mine from the chemist... i have NO idea what they cost though sad I would be going back to the chemist if i were you. i think one of ours was 18months!
other wise ring the doc and see what they say..... im sure they are meant to last a yr!

I had to buy mine from the chemist... i have NO idea what they cost though sad I would be going back to the chemist if i were you. i think one of ours was 18months!
other wise ring the doc and see what they say..... im sure they are meant to last a yr!

yeah i might call her in the morning, just really frustrating that you expect one thing and then when you get home you find out it is only half that time, I mean I have to replace in October gasp

double post

Nah thats not right!
I hate that you have to check everything all the time (i dont mean yo i mean in general) Everyone these days seem to only do a half a job! SOOO over it! WOW that makes me sound old! blink

Epi-pens should generally last around 18 months or so. I always request ones with a longer expiry date, cos you can get them that only last for 12 months, sometimes less.

We have to have 2 as there is always one at school and one at home. When they do expire, we use them to train the teachers or whoever might need training with them.

And yes, the government will only cover a certain amount on them and only 2 per year. This is the reason why I always request the longest expiry date possible.

However, I am thankful that most of them expire, cos that means I have not had to use them on my DD! grin

Epi-pens should generally last around 18 months or so. I always request ones with a longer expiry date, cos you can get them that only last for 12 months, sometimes less.

We have to have 2 as there is always one at school and one at home. When they do expire, we use them to train the teachers or whoever might need training with them.

And yes, the government will only cover a certain amount on them and only 2 per year. This is the reason why I always request the longest expiry date possible.

However, I am thankful that most of them expire, cos that means I have not had to use them on my DD! grin

Damn so I have been royally shafted, because the ones I bought yesterday expire in October so I have to replace them in September - any idea how much will cost when I have to replace them? I am hoping it is not the "full price $205.60" that is written on the label sad

If anyone buys epi's in Brisbane can they please tell me where they get them from as I just rang the chemist and he said that they don't sell too many so they normally have around 6 months life on them... they are also $114 each for the jr

My next question do you guys keep your pen in a pouch? I was going to order one from AA but just thought I would ask incase there was some where else that I would be able to get one from...

We dont need one anymore, buti just had it in the nappy bag in a hidden pocket so the kids wouldnt find it if they did play in the bag, which they didnt often do.

If anyone buys epi's in Brisbane can they please tell me where they get them from as I just rang the chemist and he said that they don't sell too many so they normally have around 6 months life on them... they are also $114 each for the jr

My next question do you guys keep your pen in a pouch? I was going to order one from AA but just thought I would ask incase there was some where else that I would be able to get one from...

Try the website I posted in the other thread L. www.starallergyalerts.com.au, they have special epi-pen pouches that they sell.

You also need to make sure that the pens don't get too hot, so leaving them in a car is not ideal at all. An insulated bag is the best option.

Sign in to follow this topic