Huggies Forum

Very much in support of new law Lock Rss

In NZ the new law that if you are a close family member or friend that visits regularly of a person who abuses their child, that you can go to prison for 10 years for not reporting it. Very much in support of it!
Sadly most child abuse is hidden.

I dont think many would hesitate to say something if they are aware of these happenings
I think its horrendously sad that they have had to put it in place. It stems from cases like the Kahui twins (may they rest in peace) and the entire fracking family closing ranks and not talking. Thats just disgusting, their killer will never be brought to justice angry

Did I mention I agree with you?

Love my boys M-10/05/08 J-01/12/09

I think its horrendously sad that they have had to put it in place. It stems from cases like the Kahui twins (may they rest in peace) and the entire fracking family closing ranks and not talking. Thats just disgusting, their killer will never be brought to justice angry

Did I mention I agree with you?

Yeah thats where the law stems from. I hope they all rot in a firey hell for what they did to those twins. They should throw the lot in jail (or my personal opinion, a bullet thru the head - i dont wanna pay to keep them in comfort in jail), every one of those bar5tards who are keeping quite!
sad Hopefully they bring that law to Australia too. I never heard about the case you're talking about, i will google it. Just reading your reactions makes me extremely sad already, ill never understand how someone could harm another, especially little babies.
a new legislation has been brough in, in australia that when reporting child abuse-weather in the media, newspapers,news- that full details of the child and the crime be repoted as well as the perpetrator.

i think anything that help protect children and helps to stop child abuse is a good thing.

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

are you sure that is the law in australia?

because as a recent family who have been through this , we are unable to have the perpertrator name mentioned

In NZ the new law that if you are a close family member or friend that visits regularly of a person who abuses their child, that you can go to prison for 10 years for not reporting it. Very much in support of it!

Wow, that is a great law.

a new legislation has been brough in, in australia that when reporting child abuse-weather in the media, newspapers,news- that full details of the child and the crime be repoted as well as the perpetrator.

i think anything that help protect children and helps to stop child abuse is a good thing.

I'm not aware of this new legislation because as far as I know they don't release the details in the media. Also they don't release any details of sexual abuse as it may identify the child. If you are able to show me a site where it states this I'd be interested to read it.

I'm not aware of this new legislation because as far as I know they don't release the details in the media. Also they don't release any details of sexual abuse as it may identify the child. If you are able to show me a site where it states this I'd be interested to read it.

I'm with you on this, I haven't heard any such thing but would be very interested to read about it.

I'm a fan of the new law in NZ.
they don't release these such details in austrailia ( please correct me if i am wrong), Brave hearts is fighting for the right of the victims so that the offenders details can be released.

I would really like for the offender to be named, why should he recieve protection , It doesn't matter what your age is , who you are, you in my mind donot have the right to identity protection when you comitt such a horendous offence such as sexual assualt..

The ridicolous part is that in my case if i released the name of the offender who hurt my daughter, I could be in trouble for releasing his details...
I agree with you. It's not fair that they get their identity protected after they do such horrible things to children. It's not done to protect the offender though, it's to protect the victim. Sometimes (not all the time) identifying the offender can identify the victim to the world. Then you have the media who love a great story harassing the victim child and their family to get a 'scoop'.

Believe me as a CP worker I hate these bastards and I hate parents who abuse their kids. But I think that reporting the name of the victim, the type of abuse and the offender isn't helping to protect children at all. All it's doing is further victimising the child and family.
Sign in to follow this topic