Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. How much does it cost to see a private gyno?

How much does it cost to see a private gyno? Lock Rss

I know it's meant to be expensive, but I have no idea what to expect?
A rough idea would be great
Thanks smile

I think my first appointment was about $150 and then my health insurance covered the procedure I had to have and the follow up appointment. I just had to pay the gap.

Guess it depends what the problem is.

Petal, NSW, Mini Cooper 10.3.07

My initial appointment was $150.00.

Then any subsequent appointments (while referral was still current) were $75.00 per/visit.

I got $35 back from Medicare on each occasion.

Hope that helps smile
To see my OBGYN for a gyno problem it cost $250 but that included all appointments (had 6). My private health paid for my hospital stay and the prodedure except for the anehetist(SP?) who was $450 out of pocket.

For OB care it was $1600 but then nothing else.

My first appointment was $150 from what I can remember and then every appointment after that was $95 and because we had reached the Medicare threshold we got more back for those appointments... Because I was pregnant she also had a management fee which was $1600... And then our health fund paid for the hospital stay except for the gap which is what we paid which was $780... We will deffinately be going private again even with all those expenses
Sign in to follow this topic