Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Has anyone taken the kids to see Rio?

Has anyone taken the kids to see Rio? Rss

Im thinking of taking DS1 tomorrow to the movies to see it but I dont want him to get restless like he did in Rango, so just wondering if you've taken your kids how old were they? My DS is 3 smile
I took DS a few weeks ago. It was his first movie. Went with SIL & MIL. He sat still until the last 30ish mins when he wanted to swap between mine and MIL laps. I dont think he had any idea whay was going on but he seemed to like it and has been talking about it ever since. Good luck!

Cool thanks! I think I'll give it a go, its on 3D too so maybe that'll hold his attention lol
I say dont waste your money on it. He didnt sit still through Rango so why would he this time! Go spend that money on a play cafe where he will definately have fun or go to the shops and buy some colouring books, ice cream/milkshake and have some other fun where you interact with each other.
Not being nasty but why do people waste money on taking their kids to the movies when they are so young. We took DS to the movies for the first time at 4yrs as he got a voucher for xmas. I would never consider taking children before 4/5 and i honestly dont think they miss anything not going either.
i would say don't bother... it wasn't that great do something else smile

I say dont waste your money on it. He didnt sit still through Rango so why would he this time! Go spend that money on a play cafe where he will definately have fun or go to the shops and buy some colouring books, ice cream/milkshake and have some other fun where you interact with each other.
Not being nasty but why do people waste money on taking their kids to the movies when they are so young. We took DS to the movies for the first time at 4yrs as he got a voucher for xmas. I would never consider taking children before 4/5 and i honestly dont think they miss anything not going either.

He saw Hop and Gnomeo and Juliet and enjoyed those, I was just asking whether Rio was suitable for his age group like those ones because Rango seemed to be for older kids and he was bored *.

He saw Hop and Gnomeo and Juliet and enjoyed those, I was just asking whether Rio was suitable for his age group like those ones because Rango seemed to be for older kids and he was bored *.

My daughter is 2 and we watched it online. She seemed to like it. Her first movie was Princess and The Frog (so she would have been something like 15mths or maybe slightly younger) and she watched the lot. She also saw Tangled at the start of the year and loved that.

My daughter is 2 and we watched it online. She seemed to like it. Her first movie was Princess and The Frog (so she would have been something like 15mths or maybe slightly younger) and she watched the lot. She also saw Tangled at the start of the year and loved that.

I heard tangled was really good! I cant wait for the third chipmunks movie and the 2nd cars movie to come out DS loves them lol grin

Why do you see it as wasting money? we have been taking my 2 and 3 year old to the movies since my eldest was about 2 and youngest was 1 they both get so excited when we go and they sit though the whole thing.

We took my 2 year old and 3 year old to the movies twice over Easter, once we saw RIO and the kids loved it. We also took them to the drive ins to see Hop and they both loved it to.
I took my two (matilda 3 and charlotte 16 months) I took charlotte in the stroller. Both of them sat up and watched the whole thing (with the help of a lollypop and some popcorn!)

matilda has talked about it a few times afterwards telling nana and daddy about the blue birds.

As for the cost well, I had change from a $20 note. Not something we do everyday, but its fun once every now and then.

I think its good to expose children to different environments and to have them learn when its appropriate to run around and when its appropriate to sit up nicely. Different outings are fun for mummy too cause lets face it sometimes you need to do something different!

I took my husband to see fast and furious the next week and lets just say I enjoyed RIO more!! ha ha. AND the kids were better behaved in the movies than my husband who kept 'wanting an icecream'.

Matilda Jane, Feb 08 and Charlotte Rose, Dec 09

We saw it a couple of weeks ago and Oaks loved it. So much better than Rango, we watched that one at home and Oaks watched the first 20 mins and turned it off, he didnt like it! We have been taking Oaks to the movies since he was tiny (we used to go to mums n bubs sessions once a month with my mothers group) he loves it, he has always sat still and watched the whole movie!

I was going to say I heard Rango had a few adult themes in it etc too.. I think Rio was a great movie for a 2 year old. Any longer than an hour and a half and I wouldve been really bored.

I cant wait to take DS to Cars 2 either!

Sign in to follow this topic