Huggies Forum

Crying right now Lock Rss

I have had a bad few days, and life sometimes feels so hard.
My father has Alzheimers and is slowly fading away.

But i just rang to speak to my mother and he answered the phone, he had no idea who i was for a while, my mother took the phone explained who i was.
He just rang back and said hello baby girl i have not spoke to you for a while hope your ok.
It wont be long when he will not remember me at all.
His mother died of this and i went through that a while ago.
I feel so sad for my mum.
Anyway, i love my dad and cherish everyday i have him here with me.

And my darling Dd had seen me cry came up and gave me a huddle( as she calls it) kissed me and said, mummy dont cry, i lub you up to the clouds!

Life sucks sometimes, but then its moments like that with my Dd that makes you smile through the tears.

Just wanted to share.
Isn't it lovely that no matter how sad you are or how down your feeling your kids can always make u smile.. god bless ur lil angel for giving you a 'huddle' when u needed it...

My DH grandmother also has alziemers (dont know how to spell it) and its been hard watching her go from being an independent strong older woman, to someone who sometimes doesnt know her family sad I couldnt imagine what it would be like for you, for it being your father... Sending my love ur way...
xxx
Aww hun *GBH* sad

So sorry to hear about your dad. It's so hard watching someone you love suffer from Alzheimer's.

Your DD is super cute giving you 'huddles'. Kids awlays know what to say to make it better smile
**GREAT BIGS HUGS TO YOU**

Your dd sounds adorable..glad she put a smile on your face smile

Sorry to hear your dad is unwell, must be extremely hard to deal with..to see someone you love so much slowly suffering sad

again...GBH!
I've never had to go through what you're going through so i can only imagine how sad that would make you feel sad
I'm glad you're DD is there to brighten up your day abit.

I have had a bad few days, and life sometimes feels so hard.
My father has Alzheimers and is slowly fading away.

But i just rang to speak to my mother and he answered the phone, he had no idea who i was for a while, my mother took the phone explained who i was.
He just rang back and said hello baby girl i have not spoke to you for a while hope your ok.
It wont be long when he will not remember me at all.
His mother died of this and i went through that a while ago.
I feel so sad for my mum.
Anyway, i love my dad and cherish everyday i have him here with me.

And my darling Dd had seen me cry came up and gave me a huddle( as she calls it) kissed me and said, mummy dont cry, i lub you up to the clouds!

Life sucks sometimes, but then its moments like that with my Dd that makes you smile through the tears.

Just wanted to share.

How sad.... reading this makes me really feel for you i almost cried!

So glad your little girl is so sweet and is there to give u lots of love grin

i'm sorry about your dad. sad

i know how much it hurts to see someone you love so confused and suffering like that. My grandad had alzhiemers and it was horrible. just cherish ecery moment you have with him even if he doesn't know who you are and you have to remind him.

As for you dd, god bless them, sometimes i think that the innocence and purity of a young child can heal all wounds/hurt even if it is for a moment.

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

Sorry to hear about your dad, what a devastating thing for your family to have to go through sad

My grandad had Parkinson's... not exactly the same thing, but it robbed him entirely of the ability to communicate. The last few years were so hard, especially for my mum. He died when I was 18, so I remember it clearly - I don't remember a time of him not suffering, he was diagnosed in his early 40's, before I was born. The suffering just got worse, over such a long period of time.

It's a horrible sort of thing to see a loved one going through.
I'm hurting for you and your Mum. It is so painful to watch someone you love so much slowly drift away. There is nothing I can say to ease your pain but I do want you kmow that although it hurts more now because you love him so much, when he has gone you will be so thankful that you were so close and that you both know how much you mean to each other. Try not to think of how it is now, concentrate on the good times you have had. I'm thinking of you.
Sign in to follow this topic