Huggies Forum

Omg somebody help me!! Lock Rss

So DS is almost 7wks old and has been an awesome sleeper the last few weeks, but the last 2 nights he has been so restless is getting beyond a joke. He CONSTANTLY groans, grunts, kicks his legs, waves his arms about, scrunches his body up etc etc and he's so noisy when he's doing all this that it's actually keeping me awake all night.

I've tried wrapping him, not wrapping him, elevating the bassinet, having it flat, burping him really well, giving him some infants friend and well you get the point lol

What else can I do? Why is he doing this? What is wrong with him?!!

I finally got to sleep at 2am this morning then all his noise woke me up at 4:30 sad

I should probably add that he is asleep while he is doing all of this lol
Yep, both mine did it. I put them in another room.

Yep, both mine did it. I put them in another room.

Lol yeah I'm thinking I will move him to the cot in his room tonight but then I will have to listen to him through the monitor *sigh*
My boy got sent to his own room a week ago... if it wasn't for the aftershocks in the middle of the night here is christchurch then we'd all be sleeping more.

Maybe he's having a growth spurt
It sounds like he might have a sore tummy - is he still having regular normal motions? If all that seems well maybe just put him in his own room and turn the monitor down lower - you will still hear when he cries but maybe his little grunts wont be as noticeable.

If his poos arent going as usual maybe talk to your plunket/child health nurse or your GP.

Good luck

So DS is almost 7wks old and has been an awesome sleeper the last few weeks, but the last 2 nights he has been so restless is getting beyond a joke. He CONSTANTLY groans, grunts, kicks his legs, waves his arms about, scrunches his body up etc etc and he's so noisy when he's doing all this that it's actually keeping me awake all night.

I've tried wrapping him, not wrapping him, elevating the bassinet, having it flat, burping him really well, giving him some infants friend and well you get the point lol

What else can I do? Why is he doing this? What is wrong with him?!!

I finally got to sleep at 2am this morning then all his noise woke me up at 4:30 sad

I should probably add that he is asleep while he is doing all of this lol

Normal! Put him in another room so you can sleep smile
My bubby does this to its because hes constipated sad not saying your bubby is but it could be the reason why or maybe he has wind, OR maybe hes just a noisy lil munchkin lol
i started putting DS on his side to sleep and it worked, turned out he wanted to sleep all curled up like I do haha
My DS2 was always a noisy sleeper, he only slept in our room for one week before I evicted him lol. It was even observed at the hospital, straight after he was born - he got taken to SCN for observation because he slept so noisily, dr was worried he was sick lol (as I was Group B strep positive they were just being cautious). We now know he has a sleep disorder called periodic limb movement disorder; it was diagnosed with a sleep study, just after his 2nd birthday. Given he's always been like that I assume he was born with it.

DS1 suffered with constipation when he was a baby, and he was restless sometimes at night because of it.

Hopefully it's just a passing phase for your bub smile
Ear plugs work for me - it takes the edge off the noise and you can still hear them when the actually really wake up
My son still does it but hes been in his own room in a cot for about 5weeks. and now i only wake up to him crying for a feed its awsome. how are you doing now?
My DS does that kicking around thing all the time but I swear he doesn't make a sound while he does it. Either that or he does it in the few seconds it takes for me to get to the bassinet when he wakes up for a feed. Often he will not make a noise but when I get him up for a feed his arms will be out (they get wrapped up) and sometimes his feet are out of his pj feet holes.
Sometimes he does cry if he gets his arms out (normally this happens unil DP goes to work) but it's a grizzle more than a cry. I have started to play a cd in DS room (if he falls a sleep in the cot) so I can only hear him from my room if he is hungry as his cries are different and louder.
Hope things work out. grin
Sign in to follow this topic