Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. for those of you who study nursing

for those of you who study nursing Lock Rss

My dh is making his decisions on studying nursing

He is either going to continue to work full time 2011/2012 and study part time. Then take it up full time 2013.

Who do you study through and how do you find your study provider?

How do you do your practicals when your studying via correspondence?

Any other suggestions appreciated..

thanks

kelly

He is either going to continue to work full time 2011/2012 and study part time. Then take it up full time 2013.

thanks

kelly

Hey Kelly

Do you live in NZ? Cos im currently studying nursing and can tell you what im doing but if your in Aussie then things will be different.
we live in oz

thanks

kelly

I am in my last year of nursing, I study full time at UTAS. They don't offer study via correspondence, so I can't help there, although third year through UTAS there is no on campus time, it is all web based and 18 weeks of prac.

I guess you would start by calling a few Universities and seeing which of them offers a structure that will suit your DH.

Good luck smile
Hey, I am in 3rd year of nursing as an external student.
I study through Charles Darwin Uni and uniSA also offer the course externally. I am doing full time study and work 4 days a week and its works OK for me though it dose take a toll on family/social time. The uni arranges clinical placement blocks for you as close as they can to where you live and you also need to go to either Darwin or Alice Springs for one week each year for clinical teaching blocks. The exams are all online open book exams and your assignments have more weigh on you final mark for each unit.
HTH If you have any other questions just PM me

Hey, I am in 3rd year of nursing as an external student.
I study through Charles Darwin Uni and uniSA also offer the course externally. I am doing full time study and work 4 days a week and its works OK for me though it dose take a toll on family/social time. The uni arranges clinical placement blocks for you as close as they can to where you live and you also need to go to either Darwin or Alice Springs for one week each year for clinical teaching blocks. The exams are all online open book exams and your assignments have more weigh on you final mark for each unit.
HTH If you have any other questions just PM me

WOW! I am 2nd year Nursing through Flinders Uni (SA) and am now thinking i should have gone through Charles Darwin - sounds like you have got a pretty good deal re:- open book exams etc tongue however in saying that, i don't know that i could have gotten this far without on campus and the friendship supports i have made.

I would suggest calling a few Unis in your area/state and go from there smile Good luck!

I think it depend if he wants to do it on campus or external.

I did mine on campus at USQ (toowoomba uni) but only had to go 2 days a week part time and found that i could still work full time (i worked weekends as well)

My mum is currently doing hers through UniSA externally (she lives in Toowoomba) She has to travel down there for a week to two weeks every semester. However she does her exams at the toowoomba uni so she doesnt have to travel and she does her pracs at places around her area that will accept her (she is doing her next prac in Roma, but thats where she requested as that is where i live)

It will take a huge toll on your family life, the workload is still quite large even doing it part time. But definately worth it at the end. grin

WOW! I am 2nd year Nursing through Flinders Uni (SA) and am now thinking i should have gone through Charles Darwin - sounds like you have got a pretty good deal re:- open book exams etc tongue however in saying that, i don't know that i could have gotten this far without on campus and the friendship supports i have made.

I would suggest calling a few Unis in your area/state and go from there smile Good luck!

lol they are all timed and you only get 1-2mins per question so if you have not studied for the exam there is no way you are going to get a good mark. It is really hard doing external in the beginning espeacilly if you can not find anyone in your area doing the same course but they do have online forums for each subject and after you do your clinical teaching blocks you get to meet other students and I have made some wonderful friends. Only 14 more weeks of classes and 14 weeks of clinicals to go till I am done smile

Sign in to follow this topic