Huggies Forum

South Australians Lock Rss

Does anyone know about helicopter rides in south Australia?preferable in or around Adelaide?

here is a website:

http://www.southaustralia.com/AdventureFlyingBallooning.aspx
There is a company based in Strathalbyn that do helicopter flights, not sure if they do Adelaide itself but heres the link. Hope it works

http://www.southcoasthelicopters.com.au/default.asp?mid=1

There is a place in the Barossa, its just down the road from me. They are fabulous and I know the family personally. Awesome people!

http://www.barossahelicopters.com.au/

And the Barossa is an awesome place to view from the sky and also to visit. smile

Hey yeah I been looking at that one. Best I've found so far. I have to ring them and have a talk. Thank you.

I love that place i did a 10 minute ride at the rodeo once it was great.

Hey yeah I been looking at that one. Best I've found so far. I have to ring them and have a talk. Thank you.

The "Chopper Chicks" are awesome girls! I went to school with them. If you do come to the Barossa on a weekend, you could come and visit me at work too and I can give you a wine tasting free of charge!! smile

You know what, we're wine grape growers, own a block, but I know bugger all about wine. Usually hate the stuff. But I'm a sucker for ban rock station moscatos. It's the only thing I drink.
I want to helicopter flights as a birthday present. I was looking up what the barossa copters do, and there's one on the website thats called the indulgence package. They stop at wineries. Do you work at one of those ones?

Unfortunatley no. We don't have anywhere near our cellar door where they can land! But they do stop at Kellermeister Wines, I worked there years ago before I had the kids. They make some lovely sweet wines!

The "Chopper Chicks" are awesome girls! I went to school with them. If you do come to the Barossa on a weekend, you could come and visit me at work too and I can give you a wine tasting free of charge!! smile

Hey fruchoc, which winery do you work at? I LOVE Barrossa wines and have come up on more than one occassion to sample some yummy reds....whites .....ports mmmmmm Love the white port and moscato.Then again I am a sucker for a cab sav too . Sound like I have a drinking problem which I don't but just living so close to some of the best wines in the world (so I think) it's hard not to have the odd glass or two. Lee

Hey fruchoc, which winery do you work at? I LOVE Barrossa wines and have come up on more than one occassion to sample some yummy reds....whites .....ports mmmmmm Love the white port and moscato.Then again I am a sucker for a cab sav too . Sound like I have a drinking problem which I don't but just living so close to some of the best wines in the world (so I think) it's hard not to have the odd glass or two. Lee

I will send you a PM. Don't want all my fans to start stalking me if they find out where I work! LOL! Oh, I crack myself up! tongue

I've decided to go with the Barossa Fruchoc. The other one I looked at wanted twice the amount e barossa charges for half the time. Pigs arse.

You won't be disappointed, they are great! Let me know when you are here, and maybe we can catch up? I will more than likely be working, but you can come visit me at work if you want as its about 1km down the road from where Barossa Helicopters are based! smile

I'm looking at July sometime. I'm just going to get a voucher and give it to him on his birthday then after that we'll decide to go down that weekend or the next. I'll update you later on about all that and see what happens.
Now, my biggest struggle is, I cannot decide between the INdulgence Package or the 30min ride. The Indulgence sounds lovely because it's a nice day out but then I wonder would he like visiting the wineries since he's a grower and wineries are not new to him ..... Should get him just the 30min ride and just let him have that thrill .... But the package DOES sound lovely with lunch and everything ..... ....... ......
Ah my dilemma! Soon as I can figure that out, the sooner I can arrange it!
I'm not going to get him the 60min ride which is the same price as the Indulgence package without lunch and wineries else wise that by itself could be nice.
I think I'm lean towards the Indulgence Package I think .... I think ..... I think.

I will go on the website and have a look, see what wineries they visit, where they go for lunch and let you know if its worth it! lol!

If you do the Indulgence Package, I can recommend Pindarie Wines for lunch and Whistler Wines as the other winery to visit. smile

Thank you for that. That fixes THAT problem. I was just going to toss a coin but we'll just use your advice. I think I will choose that package. 30mins just doesn't seem like much really ......
I'll let you know what I book when I finally get my crap together and make the decision wink

Hopefully both are enjoyable for you. I haven't heard any bad things about either of those wineries, and although I haven't actually been to Pindarie for lunch, I do know heaps of people that have and have recommended it. The views are awesome from there, and Whistler is a fabulous place to relax too. Great family and nice surroundings. They even have a winery Border Collie dog who greets customers! lol!

Sign in to follow this topic