Huggies Forum

Was so done Lock Rss

We always planned two kids ... achieved wink

I wanted them close in age .. achieved wink

We always planned for DH to have the 'snip' when we were done ... achieved ...

DS's are almost 6 and 7. I felt so 'done' ... until the last year when I think my youngest started school. I have this feeling all the time that I wish DH was one of the unlucky few who the snip didn't 100% work for LOL I keep realising I would not be disappointed to have a 'surprise'. DH doesn't share the same urge .. he occasionally shares glimpses if I bring the topic up ... but then keeps reverting back to how 'easy' and enjoyable the boys are right now and doesn't want to go back to having a baby again

Am I crazy??? Will this urge pass cause I am really hoping it will! I am 32 btw wink
I don't know. After DD1(12) I never really wanted another child. Then we had DD2(3)as a surprise and at the ripe old age of 44 I am as clucky as can be. I absolutely YEARN for another baby (so does DH) but realistically we won't because I am too old and it wouldn't be fair on a baby and I have some health issues. That doesn't stop me wanting another baby though so maybe when you know you can't, it makes you want them more IYKWIM? I am hoping the feeling will fade and I will be content to wait for grandbabies.

I don't know. After DD1(12) I never really wanted another child. Then we had DD2(3)as a surprise and at the ripe old age of 44 I am as clucky as can be. I absolutely YEARN for another baby (so does DH) but realistically we won't because I am too old and it wouldn't be fair on a baby and I have some health issues. That doesn't stop me wanting another baby though so maybe when you know you can't, it makes you want them more IYKWIM? I am hoping the feeling will fade and I will be content to wait for grandbabies.

I actually think you have hit the nail on the head ... ???

Maybe its a case of when you know you can't it makes you want it more??

YOu are a little closer to grandbabies than me though with your eldest 12 lol ;P I actually hadn't thought of waiting for them hehe

I actually think you have hit the nail on the head ... ???

Maybe its a case of when you know you can't it makes you want it more??

YOu are a little closer to grandbabies than me though with your eldest 12 lol ;P I actually hadn't thought of waiting for them hehe

Closer but DD2 tells me she isn't keen on being a young Mum and will be in her thirties before she has kids. Well that is fine for her but what about me? I will be senile by then and will no longer care. Maybe I should get a lapdog called Muffin and dress him in little outfits? Lavish all my cluckiness on a fur baby LOL!
Its definately a hard one. After my oldest 2 DD1(16) and DS(14) i was sure i was done. Fast forward 12 years and my DD2 is now here. I had her when i was 34, and if i could have another one or two i would in a heartbeat(although that part requires a man, so no chance there)

Not sure if thats helped you at all. I almost had the kids at the easyish stage, lol not that kids are ever easy but you know what i mean. But i wouldnt change it for anything.

I dont think your crazy, and i have no idea if the urge passes more it fades maybe?

Occasionally - VERY occasionally I feel a little bit of 'what if'...
But I just know that I really don't want any more babies.
I'm not good at being pregnant and I really don't want the 'hassle' of having another baby added to the pretty hectic mix we have right now! lol
And then there's the money side of it. Food, school, clothes, etc.. it just wouldn't make sense.

I figure when I get exceptionally clucky I'll get a pet to lavish some love on laugh

I've already got DD1 working on DH - this morning there was a very satisfying, "When can I get a kitten and a guinea pig?"
lol

I spent an hour or so on the net the other day researching kitties - I really want an oriental smile

I said to DH when DD2 was little that when she was around 2 (prob in Dec in xmas hols), we'll be getting a kitty, so he knows it's coming smile

Always nice when DD1 (daddy's girl) backs me up grin

Hmm I kinda know what you mean.. I've been yearning for a baby lately, even being at the shops and hearing a newborn cry makes me get all funny lol. I've picked out names and everything! I've got 2 boys and wouldnt mind another boy or a girl, Im only 22 but me and DH are looking forward to travelling etc and he doesnt want anymore, though I know if I persisted enough he would give in. We've had heaps of troubles lately with our marriage and he works away so it would be a big handful so deep down I know it wouldnt be such a good idea, I just dont want to regret not having another a few years down the track. I think you were right about wanting what you cant have!!
Sign in to follow this topic