Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Just curious... how do you spend your evenings?

Just curious... how do you spend your evenings? Lock Rss

When everyone is home, you've all had tea, dishes done, kids a bathed etc?

I'm a little bit sick of our evenings... it seems we just sit on the couch and watch tv every evening.. and lately I've been thinking we are really missing out on time that could be spent with dd. Seeing as we work so much we should be making the most of it!

Does everyone watch tv in the evenings or are we the only slack bums around?!! unsure

I'm a little bit sick of our evenings... it seems we just sit on the couch and watch tv every evening.. and lately I've been thinking we are really missing out on time that could be spent with dd. Seeing as we work so much we should be making the most of it!

Does everyone watch tv in the evenings or are we the only slack bums around?!! unsure

Wel DS is in bed by 7pm so we eat dinner and watch some tv and im in bed by 8.30pm reading and DH takes the opportunity to play Playstation smile But i guess im with DS all day and as DH works from home he sees him all day too so we spend heaps of time with DS.
Oh I love evenings..because thats when we have the heater on! LOL

After school my DS is always in his room playing the xbox or watching dvds..so anyway.. roll eyes
We play with DD until she goes to bed anytime between 9-10pm..after that I relax on the couch watching tv or go on the net or whatever that interests me grin
Hi!
I try to have DS fed and bathed before DF comes home at 7. We read him a book or play with the blocks for half an hour then I give him a b/feed and have him to bed by 7.45 -8. Once DS is asleep I give DF his dinner (generally I've done dinner in the arvo). DF usually does some work on the computer. I tend to click around on my computer. Do a dvd of some pilates (20mins-1hr...depending on how I feel). Maybe give myself a mani/pedi, or an intense full body treatment with the Bio Oil...(yes I'm quite stretch-marked). Then generally around 10pm we watch something together for an hour then go to sleep. We pretty boring but it's relaxing. smile
We have dinner at 6 then the girls have their baths and get ready for bed in time to be tucked in at 7:00pm so we don't really have any family time after dinner. Once the girls are in bed we generally spend half an hour browsing the internet, do a quick clean then I sew or study and DH does uni work. Sometimes we watch TV together or if we are having a night off we sit in front of the fire and just talk.
i love the boring nights at home. we try to eat together around 6, kids bathed and in their pj's and we either read books or watch ABC till their bedtime at 7:30. then we just relax together on the lounge, mostly watch TV, but sometimes read or just chat and sometimes sneak in yummy dessert that we have to hid from the kids grin . these days i'm in bed early so DH gets to play playstation or watches taped shows that i hate.

pretty boring, but we like it, getting to just relax at the end of the day.
Nope we are 'slack bums' aswell.
After dinner we spend most evenings relaxing and cuddling in front of the tv.
Bonding time i like to call it.
My husband is a tv fanatic but has been very open to the idea of spending more time with the telly off. We aim to have a game night once a week where we just play scrabble or similar. If he is too tired i read my book while he watches telly. When I was still on maternity leave and craved adult contact we had family time between 6pm and 8pm which was fun just chatted then he could chill out after 8pm in front of the telly. Now i'm back at work full time I tend to be just as happy to relax and watch tv but we always try and have some us time each week generally just talking.
I am a little jealous of people getting to spend the night with their hubby. My DH leaves at 7am and gets home around 10pm

The kids and I have dinner around 6pm kids then get a shower and into bed by 7pm. I will then clean the kitchen and watch tv till hubby gets home, he eats dinner and we go to bed.
My DH works away so Im on my own evenings. I just watch tv, read or go online, my boys are both in bed at 7 every night so I just take time to relax and Im really lazy lol.
Am I the only one who puts their kids to bed late?? blink laugh

I worked from home so I usually log on around 7pm and work until 10pm.
Sign in to follow this topic