Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. what homemade meals do you make for your baby

what homemade meals do you make for your baby Lock Rss

i cook meat & veggies for my son casey 5 month old.

today caseys has freshly made mince& gravy. mash potato & pumpkin

please give me some ideas so he dont get bored with plain meals

whats is good recipe book

ideas please
Tuna bake is a fav in my house and oh my gosh so so easy!!! I just use the jar sauce in the pasta isle. Cook the pasta, trow in a drained can of tuna and the bake sauce. Mix it up throw it in an oven dish, sprinle with cheese and wake it in teh oven to brown.
I also through in some diced frozen vegies too smile

Mini Pizzas are great aswell! I make up HUGE amounts and freeze them to have only lazy nights..... We make our own pizza dough, super easy! tongue then u can make tiny little ones that are easy for teh kids to pick up. Put whatever you like on there smile

Also mini quishes.... You can also freeze these smile I chop up LOADS of fresh vegies, you can really use any vegies you like!!Here is the recipe!! Its so easy and my kids LOVE them!!!

3 eggs
4 rashers of bacon - diced
1 small onion or 1/2 large - diced (You can use red onion for extra colour instead of a brown onion)
2 Tablespoons of tasty cheese - grated
3 - 4 pre-made frozen puff pastry squares
salt & pepper to taste
Dash of thickened cream - Optional
Sprinkle of fresh or dried Parsley - Optional

Preparation method
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C.

2. Lightly grease 2 patty cake pans (12 cup) with cooking spray or butter.

3. In a bowl, mix the eggs, bacon, onion, cheese & salt & pepper with a fork until all mixed together well.

4. Using an egg ring, glass or pastry cutter, cut circles out of the defrosted puff pastry and place into the greased patty cake trays (you can use muffin trays but the patty cake ones fit better).

5. Spoon the mixture into the pastry.

6. Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
After my two became familiar with food and had been introduced to everything I just started feeding them what we were having for dinner. As long as he is getting a wide variety of vegies and meat I don't think he'll get bored with food. If he's ready you could try finger food

After my two became familiar with food and had been introduced to everything I just started feeding them what we were having for dinner. As long as he is getting a wide variety of vegies and meat I don't think he'll get bored with food. If he's ready you could try finger food

yes getting huge variety of meat & veggies, not eating finger food yet old 5 months old ,

i think its to soon for finger food?????????????

yes getting huge variety of meat & veggies, not eating finger food yet old 5 months old ,

i think its to soon for finger food?????????????

Yeah he prob is to young, sorry didn't see his age until after I replied. Has he got any teeth? For something to munch on you could give him a rusk and she how he goes with that.

Yeah he prob is to young, sorry didn't see his age until after I replied. Has he got any teeth? For something to munch on you could give him a rusk and she how he goes with that.

no teeth yet, hmmm teething rusk might try that
Here are a few I cook for my baby's

tiny bit of curry in pumpkin and cream soup, thicken with farex,

pasta with cheese sauce and tuna,

Creamed rice and fruit

fish, topped with mash potatoe and cheese

Cooked rice, raisons and cinnammion

Creamed corn, and mash.

Mince, and pasta, cheese

Carrots and parsnips

Home made yogurt and banana

Homemade ice blocks made with yogurt (great for teething)

Corn fritters with mash kumera

Cooked porraige with cooked apples and pear

Spinch and feta scones

Rubuarb and apple picklets

no teeth yet, hmmm teething rusk might try that

Mine were all eatting solids without teeth! As mine babies didnt get teeth til 12 months
Baby led weaners would tell you that he is not too young for finger food. Try putting something on his tray and see what he does, piece of steamed broccoli or something smile

I used to make mash potato and pumpkin, with mince and a spoon of tomato and basil pesto for flavour. Tuna mornay was another favourite. Vegie lasagne, mice stews almost anything i would serve the family within reason DD would eat too!

Baby led weaners would tell you that he is not too young for finger food. Try putting something on his tray and see what he does, piece of steamed broccoli or something smile

True! I didnt read his age sorry.. Still mine ate finger foods young, soft ones tho, very cooked, all children are so different tho, I have a friend whos baby is 13 months and is just sort of getting into finger foods.. If only all babies worked by the book! smile
DS has been eating what we eat from 6 months and eats it by using his fingers.
Sign in to follow this topic