Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. High Blood Pressure, 24 year old!

High Blood Pressure, 24 year old! Lock Rss

So I get high blood pressure when pregnant and was induced both times due to it. I was meant to keep an eye on it after DS2 but forgot (unsure) anyways, I took it yesterday and it was 145/107 took it again this morning and it was much the same 145/113. Am making an appointment tomorrow with the Dr but was after people experiences with it and stuff?

TIA smile

So I get high blood pressure when pregnant and was induced both times due to it. I was meant to keep an eye on it after DS2 but forgot (unsure) anyways, I took it yesterday and it was 145/107 took it again this morning and it was much the same 145/113. Am making an appointment tomorrow with the Dr but was after people experiences with it and stuff?

TIA smile

I had my first DD at 30 weeks due to PET and HELLP syndrome. Since my BP goes up and down, resulting in on and off medications etc, but now I have pretty much decided not to be on anything anymore! I just ignore it :0 but if I start getting symptoms then i'll go see doc. Some people seem to just have a "healthy" high blood pressure, I thought I was "abnormal!!"
smile

I had my first DD at 30 weeks due to PET and HELLP syndrome. Since my BP goes up and down, resulting in on and off medications etc, but now I have pretty much decided not to be on anything anymore! I just ignore it :0 but if I start getting symptoms then i'll go see doc. Some people seem to just have a "healthy" high blood pressure, I thought I was "abnormal!!"
smile

Forgot to say, i'm 19!
I am in the same boat as you two girls and I am 19 turning 20. I posted this topic the other day but you girls must not have been online. I got pre eclampsia with dd and 6 months my bp is averaging 155/98 so not as high as yours... I asked my doc while dd was having her needles last week about it and he said I would have to come in next week for tests and most likely be put on meds. Sorry I don't have much advice but your bp seems really high. I thought mine was high but wow! Hope we can all get something sorted out. keep me posted how you go mummi!

Thanks for the replies guys! Sorry it took a while to reply.

I went to the Dr and have to get blood tests to make sure kidney/liver are fine, I go back next week for the results and if they are fine and it is still up then we'll look at going on medication mellow

Hope you guys get your blood pressure issues sorted out aswell!
Oh that's a bit high.... and to the other pp - you should NEVER ignore it! Have you looked up what can happen if you just ignore it? Ignoring it doesn't mean you can pretend its not there and all would be fine... you could have a stroke or a heart attack - and you certainly don't need that.. neither does your unborn baby! Not to mention pre-term birth...

You can only do the best that you can by going to the Dr regularly and taking the meds. If you get symptoms such as dizziness you should check your bp & ring your Dr straight away. Best thing you can do is rest up and avoid stressful situations as there are lots of other things that can also make it skyrocket. Keep an eye on your legs for excess fluid too.

Sign in to follow this topic