Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Kids bedtimes Lock Rss

So what time do you put your kids to bed?

I am the only one I know who has the kids in bed asleep by 7pm everynight! lol

DS1 is 5, and goes to kinda 3 half days a week, and daycare the other 2 days, and if he goes to bed later, he is so horrible to deal with!

DS2 is 3, and by his eyes are falling out of his head!

We have dinner at 5-5.30. then they have a shower one after the other, while i do dishes, then we read a couple of books, brush teeth and they both go to bed at the same time.

They are ALWAYS awake by 6am each day, no matter what their bedtime.

Im just thinking with Ds1 getting older and starting school next year, is 6.45 to early to get into bed?

Mine go to bed between 7 - 8.30, my 4 year old goes the earliest, anytime between 7 - 7.30 and he literally can't keep his eyes open any longer, and often say's he is too tired for a story, and he must fall asleep within seconds of hitting the pillow, sometimes he has wanted to go as early as 6.30 and I have not let him purely because I know he'll wake up earlier than usual. Must be tiring being 4.

Whereas my 3 year old because she still has an hour or so nap during the day doesn't want to go to bed until 8 - 8.30 at the lastest, I tend to aim for 8pm.

They both wake up anytime from 5.30 - 6.30.

If yours wants to go to bed at 6.45 and sleeps well and doesn't wake up extra early, go for it I'd say, some kids just need lots of sleep.
My 4yr old goes to bed at 8.30pm and wakes up between 7-7.30am
He has always been the same since he was a baby.

Julia (14yrs), Cooper (6yrs) & Amarlia (14 months)

DS1 is 5, and goes to kinda 3 half days a week, and daycare the other 2 days, and if he goes to bed later, he is so horrible to deal with!

We have dinner at 5-5.30. then they have a shower one after the other, while i do dishes, then we read a couple of books, brush teeth and they both go to bed at the same time.

Im just thinking with Ds1 getting older and starting school next year, is 6.45 to early to get into bed?

Yup we are the same and DS is 13 months. He wakes up at 6am too. Ans no its not too early for you DS1. He will need the sleep being so hard out at school all day!
My DS is almost 5 and does 3 half days of kinder a week. He's in bed 8 - 8.30 each night, and usually only alert enough for one story. But he's not dead tired, he'll happily tell me if he's getting tired and wants to go to bed so he can still have a story smile

DD is almost 2 and she's in bed by 7.30. She gets 2 very short stories, because she feels jibbed if she only gets 1 lol (even if they are only tiny books lol). She can be harder work to actually go to sleep than DS though.

edit: DD wakes up 6 - 6.30am every day no matter what time she goes to sleep, but DS will wake any time between 7 - 8.30.....lucky bugger lol
my boys, 4 and 2.5 years are in bed by 7:30pm. they watch Big Dog then its off to bed. they wake anywhere between 5:30 and 6:30am. We have tried putting them to bed later but it makes no difference to their wake up times.

both boys still have a day sleep as well, between 1 and 3 hours, except DS1 when he is at daycare (2 days) but on those evenings, he is asking to go to bed before 7:30. but even with no day sleep, they still wake up early!
My boys are 4.5 and 3 years old, they are in bed by 7:30 every night. They are early risers, and even if I kept them up til 9, I'd still be hearing them by 6 in the morning. They don't have day sleeps either.

On days when we've been busy and they are tired, they go to bed by 7, but generally by the time we've had dinner and DH has read to them, it's 7:30.
DD is 3 and is asleep by 9. DS 11 months used to be between 8 and 9 but since being sick is asleep by 7. We all wake up between 8 and 9.
I put my 7 yr old and 5 year old to bed at 7pm. They take to long to settle down. I have told them they can stay up a bit later if when i put them to bed they go to sleep, but noooo.... they have to get in there giggling for ages, so 7pm it is.
The little fella normally goes down about 7.30 and then it is my time smile
ours used to be in bed by 7.30 pm now they have to be ready for bed by 7.30 and in bed by 8pm.Monday and thursdays its a lot later sometime we are still eating at 7.30-8 pm due to sporting commitments.On average it is 8 pm.If they still up at 8.30 I am not impressed lol.Wake up about 6.30-7 am, I get up about 6.40-7 am depending on whats on

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

My 4 and 2 year old go to bed anywhere from 6.30pm to 8pm just depends on what we are doing. They both sleep for 2 hours a day except on the days that DS1 goes to pre school.
On Pre school days they tend to go to bed at 6.30. If DS1 doesn't have a day sleep he has night terrors at 10pm on the dot.
It also doesn't matter what time they go to bed they are always up at 6.30am

Both my kids, age 5 and 2, go to bed at 7pm. We also do dinner at 5.30pm, then they play, brush teeth, have a bath, stories and bed. 2 year old wakes around 7am and 5 year old around 7.30am.

My 5 year old started school this year and we have kept bedtime the same at 7pm, as long as she's up by 7.30am we have plenty of time to get ready and leave for school by 8.45am. If you had to leave earlier I would consider putting your DS to bed at 6.45pm.
Sign in to follow this topic