Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Huh?? Lock Rss

I think the baby looks like a girl.
I can't imagine not telling anyone what sex it is.
I like the thought that our children will grow up in a world that is more accepting, but I don't think this is the way to go about it! I hope the baby grows up without the identity issues that I fear it may...
Hooley Dooley.....
Those poor kids are going to need tonnes of counseling one day! sad

These parents are using their child as some kind of social experiment in my opinion. They say they are all for their children carving out their own identity but to do that they are forcing their own ideologies onto these kids. Identity is not exclusively made up from your gender.

It's fine to challenge peoples perception of things and the stereotypes society has but not using your children to do it.
i think it is horrible that these parents are happy for their children to be an experiment, to see if they can make the world more accepting and let children be who and whatever they want to be just to and see what happens. Maybe to get their 5 minuets of fame or to prove a point.Who knows but they are doinging to the detriment of their own children.

Children NEED guidence, they NEED rules, they NEED their parents to help them find their identity and to help them discover who they are in a gentle, loving, supportive way that doesn't leave them open to abuse, taunting or bad memories of their childhood.

I think they are doing ireversable damage to their children and are confusing them. The older brother admitted that he was worried about going to school because he will be ridiculed.

I feel very sorry for these children. i think the parents are out to prove something and are using these innocent children to do it.

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

These parents are using their child as some kind of social experiment in my opinion. They say they are all for their children carving out their own identity but to do that they are forcing their own ideologies onto these kids. Identity is not exclusively made up from your gender.

It's fine to challenge peoples perception of things and the stereotypes society has but not using your children to do it.

*SNAP* exactly what i was trying to get at smile

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

Yeah, I think this whole situation is a little OTT but at the same time it's their choice and who are we to judge. The social conformist, judgemental part of me says WTF??? These kids are going to be scarred for life but then the rational part of me says that these kids are being loved and accepted for who and what they are and that is based on their personalities and choices and not on what's between their legs and that's not a bad thing. As fpr the comment of giving their kid a girly haircut. Seems to me, after reading the article, that the child has decided how he wants his hair and lets face it, he's 5. Given time and hormones that may all change and if the parents are as liberal as they claim they will embrace those changes when and if they occur.

I for one have a girl who is SO not a girly girl. She loves to wear dresses and skirts on occasion but give her a doll and a toy pram to play with and the doll will be promptly stripped of its clothes and tossed aside, the dolls clothes are then either ignored or put on stuffed animals LOL Most days she would rather play with trains and her stuffed toys. That's ok, that's who she is and they are her toys so as long as she's not trashing them or the house she can do as she likes with them.

I don't agree with withholding the baby's gender and I don't see how it benefits the child but I do agree that kids should be allowed to be who they are without the worry of having to conform to gender stereotypes especially at such a young age. Let them, to a certain extent, decide who and what they are for themselves. I have more of an issue with their rather radical views of schooling than I do with their childs appearance.

WTF!!!
That is all
My childless sister sees nothing wrong with it.

As a parent, I do. Not only are they confusing their children they are setting them up for bullying and ridicule. Sure, let your kids explore who they are...but don't do it the way they are!
A social experiment is right. Poor kids. I rerally hope they come out of this without any issues.

I hope they can afford all the pshyciatrist bills soon to be popping up.
I've heard of another family doing this a while ago. I don't have a problem with it, good on them for challenging the norm. I doubt very much they see this as an experiment, they just want what we all want - the best for our children. What difference does it make to everyone to know this childs gender anyway?

And this...

Children NEED guidence, they NEED rules, they NEED their parents to help them find their identity and to help them discover who they are in a gentle, loving, supportive way that doesn't leave them open to abuse, taunting or bad memories of their childhood.

The parents ARE helping their child discover their own identity! Thats the point!
Sign in to follow this topic