Huggies Forum

My SON FROM HELL Lock Rss

im ready to give my son away, hes the most worst behavioured child i have ever seen or had, hes F*&ken fereal and im at witts end,

he never ever listens to me,
He spits(which i think its friggin disgusting)
he will run in the shop if i let go of his hand for 2 seconds) and whinge and sook if i hold his hand ,

i live 2 mins from DDs school and he plays up all the way there and all the way back,
his got a massive temper on him, which he needs a slapping out of,
he smashed a plastic toy into one of my friends boys tonight and cut under his eye,
i told him to leave the pizza tonight to cool down, i turn my back and hes eating the topping off it,
if i say no he sooks and jumps up and down
i sit him in the naughty corner for 3-4 mins and in the time hes sooks spits and says i need to go toilet,
i have let him go sometimes and ignored the fact he needs to go toilet and hes pissed his pants,
he screamed that much last week he had a blood nose
he forever yelling at me, and saying
DD has her moments but never this bad, ever

Any suggestion on what i can do, or tips. im turning grey slowly, he goes to day care 2 days a week,
omg have we got the same child? I didnt whatto put in my own post so im glad you did this. My ds is making me despise being a mum. NOTHING is working. Ive tried smacking, taking his comforters away, naughty corner, threatening with a wooden spoon. 1-2-3. ignoring him, walking away. I have had it.
How old is he? Is he behaving like this when he is at daycare? Is there someone that you could leave him with to have a little break and maybe that could help you deal with it.
Maybe try changing the spot that he is given time out, or making the time he's there shorter. While shopping if you can use trolleys or a pram so he isn't walking around, will make the shopping trip alot less stressful for you.

omg have we got the same child? I didnt whatto put in my own post so im glad you did this. My ds is making me despise being a mum. NOTHING is working. Ive tried smacking, taking his comforters away, naughty corner, threatening with a wooden spoon. 1-2-3. ignoring him, walking away. I have had it.

Yeah i have done it all. im feeling your pain

How old is he? Is he behaving like this when he is at daycare? Is there someone that you could leave him with to have a little break and maybe that could help you deal with it.
Maybe try changing the spot that he is given time out, or making the time he's there shorter. While shopping if you can use trolleys or a pram so he isn't walking around, will make the shopping trip alot less stressful for you.

Hes 3 and half, hes is an angel at daycare, grr,
i have left him a couple times with family and friends,
he sits in the trolley at shop and sooks. thanks i might try changing his corner
Ive tried changing areas. At the supermaket he climbs out of the trolley if i dont attempt i basically pull him a long by one arm. Mine is 2.5. I never thought Id feel this way !
Perhaps he needs a little more structure in his day? get a lose routine to things like meals and qiet time? That way you could tell him what is going to happen next like "ok, first we are going to wash our hands then sit at the table and wait for me to give you your food. After you have eaten we are going to have quiet time" OR "We are going into the shop now and you must hold my hand until we are finished, if you do not hold my hand we wont (do or get something he likes)"

I've been a nanny to a 3yr old who has SLIGHT Autism and ADD (not saying your child has it!) and I found that the better I explain to him what is going to happen the easier he is to get along with. Even things like "You must not touch the pizza it is too hot" rather than just "don't touch the pizza" made a huge difference, sometimes I have to say his name first so it gets his attention. Eye contact is a big help too.

I know it can be hard when you have another child to deal with too and it can take a while for them to get used to the change and for it to sink in but it might help?

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Have you tried talking to someone at his daycare about it? Let them know the problems you are having at home and see if they have any tips on what you could do. Maybe ask them about some of his favourite activities that he likes to do and then you could do them with him. Or use them as incentivies for good behaviour. My DS is the same age and he has had a few bad moments the last couple of weeks. I know how frustrating it can be. I try and shower him in lots of praise and love when he is having his good moments. When he's naughty I try calmly talking to him with a warning first.

Firstly, being a mum is THE hardest job in the world - there is no right answer!

Could your DS be bored and craving attention? Is there anything that triggers his behaviour?

When he doesn't listen do you use the naughty spot? My DS (the same age) is really bad with his listening too - if i ask him not to do something or to do something i have to go right up to him, stop him from whatever he is doing and make sure he is looking at me/concentrating so that he understands and listens. If he consistently doesn't listen, we use the 'thinking chair' (our CC uses this method) for him to sit and think about his behaviour.

I found that smacking never worked, there was a time when i was in a really bad head space and i am ashamed to admit that smacking almost became a habit so once i figured out it wasn't working i stopped using that method.

When your at the shops, use the trolley. or picking your DD up from school, use the pram and explain to him that if he wants to be a big boy and walk he needs to walk nicely with you holding your hand and not sook. I think it would be useful to use a star chart or similar in your situation and see if he responds well to that.

Obviously you are stressed to the hilt, i was the same at one stage and that worsened the situation as it affected my ability to cope with the bad behaviour. I started taking some Swisse Mood tablets and my moods and stress levels did a 360 and i was able to cope so much better.

I think my DS was feeding off my stress too which in turn was worsening his behaviour.

I hope i have helped a little smile x

I totally agree with Noddy I have a child with Aspergers and it is amazing how explaining things clearly and simply can make a huge difference. Also giving a child some control of thier world can help calm alot of the unwanted behaviours. For instance Would you like to ride in the trolley today or would you like to hold hands and walk? Do you want to walk fast or slow to Big W? Do you want to wear these shoes or those shoes? You can sit at the table and not touch the pizza or you can sit on the lounge and wait? ect Things that make no difference to what you want or need to do but gives him the oppertunity to make choices. Make shopping a game...we need carrots, can you find the carrots? Oh there they are...we need 2 bags of carrots can you help me count them...one...two...two bags of carrots ok what do we need next and choose another item you need to find...make it an adventure.

And the other thing that can make a huge difference is a treat box. Just a box of little treat items, stickers, little balls, erasers, jelly beans, crayons ect nothing expensive. I buy books of stickers form go-lo for $2 and cut them up into individule stickers and I have a large treat box for home and a small one for my handbag. When we get out of the car I explain what we need to do...Go to the blue shop (Big W) and get washing powder, then we need to go to woolies and get vegies for dinner, If you can be calm and helpful then when we finish you can get a treat box....During the trip I repeat the list fairly often to keep reminding what we need to do what is expected and what the reward will be....it gives them a goal to focus on and when she gets her treat she gets to choose a sticker or a jelly bean or whatever in in the box that day. We use treat box at home to for lots of things to help achieve the goals we have for the day....even if the goal is to sit calmly at the table for 5 mins without touching the hot pizza.

If timeouts arnt working you could try the reverse timeout. In other words you take a timeout. Make yourself a coffee walk to another room and close the door, turn your back on him. Deny him the attention he is demanding of you. When he spits or behaves badly tell him firmly that the behaviour is unacceptable. If he does it again say firmly That is unacceptable I will not talk to you until you appologise and stop behaving badly. Then turn away and focus on making your coffee and moving away even just turn your back. If he plays up ignore him...Once he calms down says sorry ect then pay him attention explain it makes you sad when he does X behaviour. He will quickly learn that bad behaviour means being ignored and good behaviour means he gets attention.

Hope that helps give you some ideas...and hope it helps

Ive seen this before. Maybe he is an angel at day care because they are always paying attention to him and doing different things with him all day. Day care has structure to the day eg. mat time, morning tea, singing time, rest time etc etc. Maybe you need to follow on from that. Remember, a child prefers negative attention, than no attention at all. I think a boy especially is worse at this age because of the HORRIBLE testosterone flying thru their system (hehehhe we women with our oestrogen are just perfect - NOT!) and it must be hard to deal with. I have adopted my sons playgroup routine for home and everything has been running smoothly because of it.

I understand the feeling of boredom and really just wanting the kids to bugger off and leave you alone - trust me i do! But i also no that i perfer a child who is not annoying the crap out of me and now i have developed the ability to do an activity with DS, and well as watch tv at the same time!! smile

Try to change your attitude and things will get better. You cant expect the child to change before you do.

Good luck
I would try altering his diet, try to cut out preservatives and artificial colours and flavours. They have a huge effect on children's behaviour. Get used to reading the ingredients for everything, even children's yogurt can be dynamite for additives and sugar.
Sign in to follow this topic