Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

opinions Lock Rss

just after opninions my twin sister just had her baby today and she decided to call him "parker" im sorry but me and Df think its a terrible name and everyone else is saying its a great name but im like wtf she'll probably end up calling him park for short, i just hate weird names and this one takes the cake..............

doesnt really matter what you think does it. and i quite like parker and do not consider it 'weird' at all...
I quite like it aswell, could be worse lol. What is his middle name?

Nope dont like it, also reminds me of Peter Parker AKA Spiderman lol laugh
I personally dont mind it. If she asks u what u think just be supportive. You dont have to say you love it..

In saying it, this is why most ppl, like myself grin dont tell family and friends out names we like until birth as we didnt want any criticism.. we chose what we loved and didnt need any backlash.. luckily we have pretty common names so everyone loved them!
I dont mind it to be honest, and i dont usually like unusual names. And its true, as long as they like the name it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks, you can never please everyone so theres no point worrying what others will think
I quite like it but I do like names that are a little different. It is a very modern name so it wont be to everyones liking....In a few months you will probably find that it really suits him. As for them calling him Park...well my guess is they were trying to choose a name that cant be shortened so he will most likely always get Parker..in full. At least till he gets to school and his mates give him a nickname lol.

just after opninions my twin sister just had her baby today and she decided to call him "parker" im sorry but me and Df think its a terrible name and everyone else is saying its a great name but im like wtf she'll probably end up calling him park for short, i just hate weird names and this one takes the cake..............

Suck it up.
It actually has nothing to do with you. He's her child; she and her partner can name him whatever they like.
And what's to say they will shorten it to 'Park'?? I certainly wouldn't if my child was named Parker.

How would you feel if they had said they didn't like the names you had chosen for your kids???

I don't think it's that bad a name at all.... could be worse wink And it's certainly not that 'weird'... 'specially considering some of the names aired around Huggies these days! laugh

I have heard of plenty names that are stranger this

I agree smile
I like Parker! smile There is a child at DD's school called Parker and he is just the sweetest little boy ever. And no one calls him Park.

Like other people have said, I have heard way stranger names than that.

wow.....I would be devastated if a family member of mine hated my kids name so much they had to jump on the internet and announce how much they didn't like it. Then ask for opinions in the hope that people will pat them on the back and agree.

I really like it, but even if I didn't and it was ANYBODY that I knew, it wouldn't even be discussed. It would just be accepted that Parker was their name.
I don't mind the name Parker, it's quite cute!

Just wanted to add that I have a few family members that STILL give me crap about DDs name being Bailey 3yrs after she was born and it's really hurtful sad She's our baby and we love her name and it suits her perfectly and that is all that matters, so perhaps you need to accept that your sister is happy with what she has called HER child!!
Sign in to follow this topic