Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. 10month old wearing boots and.bar

10month old wearing boots and.bar Lock Rss

Hi, is there anyone.else whose babies have been in boots and bar? My.son was going ok in them.. His had them on for 2 weeks but last 3 nights he has been waking every hour and just been out of control screaming... We cannot.give.him a bottle he just pushes it away.. He.will hit.kick scream really really badly.... Once we final settle.him he will once again repeat it.. Till morning when his boots come off does it stop sad .... Lack of.sleep is hard. And hard as.my partner and I both work, I ffeel terrible on my son I feel sorry for hi im sad and now I also have the flu and cough cough cough all night and day.. Ive had enough ......jas

Hi, is there anyone.else whose babies have been in boots and bar? My.son was going ok in them.. His had them on for 2 weeks but last 3 nights he has been waking every hour and just been out of control screaming... We cannot.give.him a bottle he just pushes it away.. He.will hit.kick scream really really badly.... Once we final settle.him he will once again repeat it.. Till morning when his boots come off does it stop <span class="emoticon sad">sad</span> .... Lack of.sleep is hard. And hard as.my partner and I both work, I ffeel terrible on my son I feel sorry for hi im <span class="emoticon sad">sad</span> and now I also have the flu and cough cough cough all night and day.. Ive had enough ......jas

GBH I know nothing about the boot and bar, but when I was googling it to see what is was I found this fourm that might help

Aussie Club Foot Kids

HTH

Hi, My daughter has the same problem. She was born with very noticeable inturned feet. Peadiatricians, CHN's etc told us it would self correct. It didn't and by the time they finally suggested using the bar and boots she was nearly 18 months old and would get hysterical if we came anywhere near her with them. We tried waiting until she was asleep to put them on but she would wake up screaming. We spoke to her physical therapist who said not to persevere with the bar and boots if we felt it was causing her more emotional harm. We stopped immediately because she seemed so traumatised by it. She was fitted with remedial shoes which she had to wear every mintue she was awake.

I have no real advice for you unfortunately. My daughter is now 4 and a half and despite the special shoes she still has very noticeable inturned feet. She is just as agile as other kids but I do worry about when she gets older and won't be able to wear the "pretty shoes" other kids do. I don't know if she would have been better off if we'd persevered with the bar. I just went on the advice provided at the time by the "experts" Of course these are the same people telling me her feet will still self correct which we know will not be the case. Good luck
Wow this sounds all too familiar,
My son is now 4yrs and and had been wearing the boots and bar from 9 weeks old till he was 3.5yrs old. Plaster on his leg from 2 days old before the boots. We had many a sleepless night. The boots could be rubbing on the feet, This happend to us and we only realised when we saw red marks on his little toes. We put thicker socks on him and persisted.

It was heartbreaking for us to see him screaming at times but he eventually got use to them. and to be honest he didn't have a choice whether he wore them or not.

The only time we left them off was when he was unwell so he could sleep more comfortably.

It has all payed off now as his physio and orthapedist has said his foot is now near perfect and doesn't need a checkup for 2 years.

In our experience (and the feedback from our drs) please persist as it will pay off.

P.S aussie clubfoot kids is a great website and support tool.

Hi Jas,

I'm sorry to hear you are having so many problems with your little one. My son has been in the boots and bar for 3 weeks now and so far so good.
Are you using the hospital supplied boots or the Mitchells from America?
We are using the Mitchells.

Also, I highly recommend you become a member of the Aussie Clubfoot Kids website. I have asked many questions on this site and so many parents are very quick to offer advice and support so here is the link http://www.aussieclubfootkids.org

It has helped get me through these tough times, I hope it helps you too
Mandy xo
from a different perspective - i was one of those kids!

my parents had me in boots, bars and a rail at the end of the bed (i had dislocato-hips too!). they did stick with it and i have reasonable feet, but it was an issue for a loooong time. they tell me it got better when i was old enough to understand that they were good for me and i would be able to dance better.

maybe link it to something the child wants to be able to do?
Sign in to follow this topic