Huggies Forum

The dog next door Rss

2 hours sleep last night. Get home from work at 5.30pm today. That dog wont shut up and the owners don't care. They're too busy yelling & banging doors. Just need sleep, k? Thx.

sharing is caring, I thought you'd all like to read about it.

*Disclaimer: at no stage in this post do I actually wish harm upon the dog. I just like complaining.

Can animal control/spca/noise control help you? Inconsiderate dog owners are the worst! I have two dogs and even though we live on a farm and theoretically they can bark as much as they like without disturbing the neighbours we certainly wouldn't let them. If it's disturbing you it's probably disturbing the other neighbours so definately make a complaint with someone.
We have two dogs over our back fence that NEVER shut up! Its soooo irritating! I have complained to the Council TWICE and still they don't shut up! I have left notes under their doors (cos clearly they are never home) and one barks, the one next door just barks back. ALL DAY! Aaaaaah! And most of the night too.

I think thats all you can do for now. Just let your local council know. Have you tried to approach the neighbours at all?

I would go nuts if I was in your situation! wacko
I have even chucked bones over the fence for them, paid for with my money, cos at least that gets us a bit of peace and quiet for a while. smile

My neighbour has three little yappy dogs that bark all day and night. My son cant even sleep in his room at night as they keep him awake. We have spoken to her about it and she just doenst care and have compained to the council 3 times as well of some of the other neighbours doing the same and they continue to yap... We dont have an rspca or anyone else to complain too.

They do my head in. We have dogs and they are never allowed to bark for no reason. THey are put down the back at night so they dont see anything to bark at. Why cant some people just give a f*ck about others and shut there dogs up???

I have even chucked bones over the fence for them, paid for with my money, cos at least that gets us a bit of peace and quiet for a while. smile

They will keep on barking because they know what they'll get in return laugh
How do you stop a dog from barking... if it were yours barking? And no that was not said to have a go... I genuinely wonder what can be done about it if you loved the thing and it just kept barking?

We've always had dogs and never had one that barked.

How do you stop a dog from barking... if it were yours barking?

My dog (rottweiler) is pretty good, he'll only bark if theres someone at the door. If the dog next door barks (usually at nothing roll eyes )..of course my dog will start barking but if tell him to 'Shutup'..he will! grin

How do you stop a dog from barking... if it were yours barking? And no that was not said to have a go... I genuinely wonder what can be done about it if you loved the thing and it just kept barking?

Our neighbors had a dog (before we moved here) they had a few complaints via the council from surrounding neighbors and they were ordered to put a collar on her.

You can get a special collar that is meant to stop them from barking. I don't know much about them though.

As much as they annoy the cr@p out of me with their barking, I do feel sorry for them, as they are barking cos they are bored. Their owners are never home and one of them gets locked down the side of the house. Hence the reason why the other one barks back at that one cos they only have a fence separating them.

Its irresponsible. sad

We have always told our dog off for barking when he does it in answer to another dog or for some silly reason but let him bark when people came to the house. The result is we have a generally quiet guard dog BUT we moved to a highly populated area with a school around the corner. He now barks when the school kids walk past in the morning and afernoon. I tell him off when I can but with a 7mth old I don't like raising my voice often and I'm not home in the afternoons. Problem is the neighbours are night packers so they are asleep when the kids go past in the morning. The only solution we came up with it keep the dog in the laundry until the school kids have finished going by. They still complain about the afternoons.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Sign in to follow this topic