Huggies Forum

Anyone done Tupperware parties? Rss

Hi, I have not done a Tupperware party, but been to Tupperware parties. Seriously I think the tupperware are too expensive. OK, so they have lifetime warranty. Still not worth it to me. BPA free or not, they are still plastic.

Was it worth it for you?
How did you go with it?
Would you recommend it?

My cousin has recently started, and she loves it!

She makes a decent amount for the time she puts in, and apparently their are a decent amount of bonus' and of course the cheaper tupperware.

I find it quite expensive, but have some tupperware 'staples' that I love, but find sometimes, the price doesnt justify the item. For example she was telling me all about this mircowave steamer and trying to convert me from my god old electric one- and it was $130! I thought that was really overpriced for what the item is.

I went to one the other day. First one. Won't be going back. They seem really over priced for me. I like my electric rice cooker and stuff, don't need a plastic one that costs more. And for pantry storage and stuff in the fridge, we just use Sistema stuff. It's a lot cheaper and has the clicky lids which I like, because my Mum has tupperware and ALL the lids are warby. And they all leak. I refuse to use it.
I also don't use it for the price factor, however I have lots of friends that are addicted to it! A couple have gone into selling it, and had to let it go, I think they said that there was just a lot of paperwork to juggle, and the area managers were difficult. Saleswise, I think they did well, you just have to find an area where the women are addicted to it, and they will buy everything! smile

I also don't use it for the price factor, however I have lots of friends that are addicted to it! A couple have gone into selling it, and had to let it go, I think they said that there was just a lot of paperwork to juggle, and the area managers were difficult. Saleswise, I think they did well, you just have to find an area where the women are addicted to it, and they will buy everything! smile

I do Body Shop at Home and I love it email me janedelos@optusnet.com.au If you would like further info

Do you mean being the host of a Tupperware party or becoming a Tupperware demonstrator??

Hosting mainly

Well if you've got friends that will make purchases then yes it's definitely worth it.
I went to a friends one recently and I haven't been to one for quite a while. She made between $500 - 600 in sales and had 1 party booking (mine lol) and she got either $80 or $90 to spend plus the host bonus gift product which was a product worth about $60 and she only paid $10 for it. I think it's worth it, but I also think that Tupperware is something you either love or hate. I love it lol. Yes it is expensive, but I think it's worth it, where as alot of people don't. There is also some products from Tupperware that I would never buy because I think they are a waste of money.
If you want to know how much you get to spend from the amount of sales you get, let me know cause it's on the back of my receipt lol.
If you want to know anything about how much you get for being a demonstrator, I can help you with that as well. smile
I have hosted parties and I must admit I thought at first that the products are too expensive but after using them I think that its great.

My girls have the lunch boxes, they are a bit more expensive but so functionable!!! And they look after them!

I am a baker and I love the baking products because they are really easy to use and last. I get annoyed with stupid kitchen accessories. I have the can opener and potato masher and LOVE them. I dont have any storage containers though.

I would say what do you have to lose, compared to what you have to gain. A few friends come over, get a freebee, chat and have fun and at the end of the night you may get some free products... its a no brainer to me. smile

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

I have hosted parties and I must admit I thought at first that the products are too expensive but after using them I think that its great.

My girls have the lunch boxes, they are a bit more expensive but so functionable!!! And they look after them!

I am a baker and I love the baking products because they are really easy to use and last. I get annoyed with stupid kitchen accessories. I have the can opener and potato masher and LOVE them. I dont have any storage containers though.

I would say what do you have to lose, compared to what you have to gain. A few friends come over, get a freebee, chat and have fun and at the end of the night you may get some free products... its a no brainer to me. smile

And there spatulas and whisk are amazing!!! Dont get me started on the sift and store laugh laugh laugh

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

I went to a tupperwareparty the other day.
Yes I found it quite expensive. And ive ordered a couple things someone know the quality personally yet. I'm about to find out.
However, the district manager has asked do I want to host parties and can possibly progress to demonstrator up the track.
I'm just trying to get ideas and thoughts.
Is it worth starting.
My biggest worry is ok even if I do have a few friends, and my other half has a few friends with wives that's one party set. How on earth can you keep doing parties once you've used everyone you know.

see this is where i would find it hard (but then everyones different) - my sil does something similar and to be honest i HATE the fact that she is always trying to get family and friends to have a party so we can buy her stuff - sorry it is too expensive and our budget can't meet that sort of cost - as well as stretching the family/friend thing a bit!

I went to a tupperwareparty the other day.
Yes I found it quite expensive. And ive ordered a couple things someone know the quality personally yet. I'm about to find out.
However, the district manager has asked do I want to host parties and can possibly progress to demonstrator up the track.
I'm just trying to get ideas and thoughts.
Is it worth starting.
My biggest worry is ok even if I do have a few friends, and my other half has a few friends with wives that's one party set. How on earth can you keep doing parties once you've used everyone you know.

I honestly think you would have to have the gift of the gab and really be able to sell yourself and the products. I've been to Tupperware parties where it has been quite boring because all the demonstrator did was go on and on about the products. I know that's what they are there to do, but I've also been to some really great ones that do a cooking demonstration using the products and play games etc, so the whole time you're not just sitting there listening. I book a party from the fun ones. So if you are a fun, not afraid to be speak up, bubbly kind of person, I say go for it. What have you got to lose?? It doesn't cost you anything upfront to become a demonstrator.

See the bit that bored me about the Tupperware party I went to was only containers. Which I love don't get me wrong. I am addicted to kitchen ware. Can't help it. BUT all they had was containers. Not utensils or other exciting stuff.

Oh there is really good utensils in Tupperware, like someone else said the sifter and spatula are awesome!!!
Oh I love,love,love tupperware! Expensive,yes,but its good quality and lasts forever! I took it up about 5 years ago before we bought our house. I mainly took it up to get the things I wanted cheap. Theres good money to be made but where I live there are so many demonstrators which made it hard to keep going so I gave it up but I got what I wanted out of it.

Sign in to follow this topic