Huggies Forum

ALDI Lock Rss

So after almost 5 bloody years lving in this town my Mum only tells me yesterday there is an ALDI about 2.5 hours away!!!!

I though teh nearest was in Brisbane at 8 hours away!!!

So anyway i have never in my life been to one.

DF is keen to do a trip down and do a huge shop there.....

What do they stock? Can i do like a full shop that i would do at say Woolies or Coles????

Whats something you love from there that you would recommend getting??

Any help, tips and info would be awesome...

thanks
We buy everything there! lOL

i am a real tight arse & although there are some things that i will only buy 'brand' of - like tim tams.. everything else is aldi'd.

the tinned pumpkin soup is crappola tho - we dont like it. I think that is the only thing that we have come across so far that we wouldnt buy again.

I bought 12 thin sausages the other day for $2.50 & there was NO fat in them at all - fabulous value!
you cant do a full shop there unless you only use the very basic stuff. i always find i need to get a few extra bits at coles or wollies, but its still worth it to go to Aldi for the majority of the staples.

if you go on to their website, there is a shopping list that has everything they sell and the price. maybe go on there and see what you already buy to see if its worth the trip.

the only thing so far that i dont like is the aldi brand saos, not nice. and at the moment i am finding the fresh fruit and veg going off rather quickly but that could just be a seasonal thing.
You generally can't do your whole shop there, but some people come close! I only get bits and pieces there, especially nappies, wipes, baby food, fruit puree, sultanas. Their fruit and veg are usually cheap but don't last long, their bread is good. The catalogues can be fantastic, but you usually have to get there right on the starting morning or they are sold out.

you cant do a full shop there unless you only use the very basic stuff. i always find i need to get a few extra bits at coles or wollies, but its still worth it to go to Aldi for the majority of the staples.

We must eat really boring stuff... laugh i do a full shop there!

except - shampoo & conditioner, but that is cause i need to use a soap free one & they dont stock anything like that.
I buy their nappies, wipes, olive oil cooking spray, dry biscuits, rice bubbles, serviettes, headache tables, sanitary pads, fruit, veg, cheese, baked beans, spaghetti, canned tuna, pasta & sauce packs. Basically, heaps of stuff!

The only thing I have bought there that I would get again was their chicken breast. It was very dry and so bad I actually threw the other piece out rather than cook it.

They also have great stuff for kids - craft kits, flash cards, toys, etc.
I shop there quite regularly.

They have most stuff, but generally only 1 brand of things. Like woolies or coles have like 5 different brands of tinned toms for eg but Aldi only has 1.

They have alot of great little snacks like biscuits and lollies etc. And there choc biccies are ymmuy too. Apparently aldi chocolate is the best in the world, its like swiss choc or something like that.

They dont have everything though, i still have to go to woolies to get a couple of things.

There meat is great, cheap and alot of it bulk, and i think that some things are way better than woolies or coles.

Definately worth going there.
i had one walking distance away and just loved it!
they have a good organic range - tomatoes, coffe, tea, pasta.... why not the the prices they sell.
they have good education books and toys for kids, whih i thought was fantastic.
and general veg, meat and diary (but the veg in highly packaged...something I don't normally do), but it is cheap.
diary is cheap. good for long shelf life items like cheese.
then there is their weekly 'theme'.
one week might be sporting goods, or outdoor entertaining.
it's likely to be snow gear around now.
i've bought a ot of these weekly specials over the years and had no problems.
or toaster and kettle are going strong after 6 years, but the cordless phones neeeded fixing and still broke after a few years. lucky dip?
but it is good. dunno if it's worth the big drive (unless you do it all the time or are there for another reason?)
check their website for the weekly specials.
http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/special_buys.htm?WT.z_src=main

the biggest issue is the que's if your only buying a few things (like i did).
the only time i commited and filled a basket, i got to the checkout and my purse had been stolen from the pram!!! but that's coffs harbour for you.
I buy most of my fruit and veggies there, as they are the same quality as big supermarkets and alot cheaper!
They sell a souvlaki kit which is really nice
I also buy:
Crumpets
Mince
Yoghurt
Turkish rolls
Sultanas
Marinated roast chicken
Washing powder - Fantastic
Curly fries
Baby wipes

I love ALDI!!

We must eat really boring stuff... laugh i do a full shop there!

except - shampoo & conditioner, but that is cause i need to use a soap free one & they dont stock anything like that.

LOL!! I am the same!!!
Although I have found their teabags a tad weak so buy a different brand here, and DH doesn't like their peanuts, I LOVE their laundry powder and recently saw it had one a lot of tests! I buy all my meat, dairy, wipes, snack food, bread, soaps, pads, shampoo, conditioner (I didn't like their deoderant though) there.... the only thing I find is their fruit and veg isn't always great so I grab that at woolies every monday afer the kids swim
Ooh i love Aldi. I do most of my shopping there.
I love these things the most..
Frozen pies.
Dippits (cheese and bickies) kids lunches.
Salmon
Butter
Washing powder
Sliced cheese
Mix up juice
Cordial
Choc chip cookies
Muesli and yoghurt bars
Ice cream
The list goes on.

Love it!!
Ooh i love Aldi. I do most of my shopping there.
I love these things the most..
Frozen pies.
Dippits (cheese and bickies) kids lunches.
Salmon
Butter
Washing powder
Sliced cheese
Mix up juice
Cordial
Choc chip cookies
Muesli and yoghurt bars
Ice cream
The list goes on.

Love it!!
Sign in to follow this topic