Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. would your 5yr old girl play with this...

would your 5yr old girl play with this... Lock Rss

ds2 is invited to a 5yr olds birthday party. I got a doll that swims in the water - she moves her arms and legs..

is this too babyish for a 5yr old girl?

what else would you suggest for this age

thanks

i dont think it is babyish if she is into dolls im sure she will love it. i think i had one similar to the one your wanting to get and i liked it
in all honesty i think it would depend on the childs circumstances. my 5yo would not, a) there is no room in the bath and cool we dont swimm that much. i cant really suggest somehting else though lol mine has just celebrated her 5th and we had so much trouble thinking of somehting. she is really into crafty things but its hard to find something that suits her and the rest of the family. we have 1 child who still puts things in his mouth and a bub coming into that stage and alot of the crafty things have small pieces.

do you know much about the child???

we had a few of her school friends over and they asked me what sort of things she was into, we ended up with a tea party set (cups, saucers, spoons etc) was good. and a few babrie dolls and clothes etc.

so maybe theres a few other ideas

With toys I normally just go by the minimum age on the box as a guideline for the age group that would be interested in that sort of toy.

I find with girls that some fancy hair ties and clips etc in a cute little box is more then enough to keep them happy plus they are useful for mum aswell as my daughter was always losing her hair bands etc.

Julia (14yrs), Cooper (6yrs) & Amarlia (14 months)

thanks i know nothing about the child

Depending on where you live, if its really cold?
I think a really cute fleecy dressing gown would be adorable:)
I have seen some really cute ones around!

My neice and nephew always get a new dressing gown and ugg boots from us at easter and they love it! they are 10 & 5 smile
Something simple, but you know they'll use and appreciate it... not to mention look CUTE:)

xx

ds2 is invited to a 5yr olds birthday party. I got a doll that swims in the water - she moves her arms and legs..

is this too babyish for a 5yr old girl?

what else would you suggest for this age

thanks

My 5 year old girl would love a doll like that, she is heavily into dolls and mermaids and any doll that goes in the bath is a winner smile

Zhu Zhu pets are also a big hit, dress ups (shoes, fairy dresses, wands, tiaras) lip gloss... there's a billion things you can get little girls.
Sign in to follow this topic