Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. what to make with out of date milk?

what to make with out of date milk? Lock Rss

apart from pancakes, that's on my list already.Dh is still drinking it, I am not because its not skim and the kids say it tastes funny ( use by 17th june so a few days past its use by)its not stinky and fine to cook with but want a few other ideas

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Tuna or chicken mornay

Quiche

Pikelets

Cupcakes

Zucchini slice
good idea mornay for dinner tonite, and cakes and pancakes to be made too. I better get cracking!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

i personally wouldve tipped it down the sink days ago. but i'm real anal with out of date dairy. never knew ppl used it afterwards. learn somethin new every day. so i'm no help to ya lol

i personally wouldve tipped it down the sink days ago. but i'm real anal with out of date dairy. never knew ppl used it afterwards. learn somethin new every day. so i'm no help to ya lol

I'm afraid I'm the same. And if the kids are saying it tastes funny I wouldn't be using it at all.

Im with you! I have had food poisoning and ever since I have been a little over the top in regards to leftovers and use by dates. Most things get thrown out a day or 2 prior to the use by date.

Julia (14yrs), Cooper (6yrs) & Amarlia (14 months)

Use by dates are only there for a rough guess sort thing milk is usually fine for a couple of days after wards.
I live by the if in doubt throw it out method lol but it's not smelly I wouldn't mind either
What about scones I love scones just outta the oven with melted butter ohhh so good in cold freezing crappy weather.

I'm with you, Use by dates are there cos products should be used before this date. Milk is pretty safe though. although i would just by fresh milk.

Milk is so cheap why bother. just use fresh milk. And the money u save by not buying fresh milk ur wasting by using products to make things u wouldnt be normally making except for the fact u wanna get rid of the milk. if it was me it would have been down the drain already.

Kiddi <3

I have to agree, I am fanatical about out of date things, especially milk.

I never knew you could make anything with out of date milk???? And are we talking a day out of date or closer to a week later??

I'm intrigued i've only ever tipped it out once its "out of date"....
Sign in to follow this topic