Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Need advice re teenage sister Lock Rss

The way my mum is my sister knows she has to do it behind her back. She said she will take herself to the doctors. Mum at the same age led me to believe medically they could know about my appointments so i would rather my sister know this is wrong. I can see my mums view being a parent but my sister is not me and she wants to be safe. I will talk more with my sister when i can.
What your mum has told you is incorrect. No one can disclose any info to her regarding anything medical without breaching confidentiality laws. Your sister CAN go to the Dr, get what she wants, and your mum CAN'T find out about it unless your sister chooses to tell her.

The way my mum is my sister knows she has to do it behind her back. She said she will take herself to the doctors. Mum at the same age led me to believe medically they could know about my appointments so i would rather my sister know this is wrong. I can see my mums view being a parent but my sister is not me and she wants to be safe. I will talk more with my sister when i can.

I hope it all works out for the best smile....just make sure your sister knows that mum doesn't need to be informed or asked about any medical decision your sister makes for herself and let her go from there. Whilst mum may get pissed about it when she finds out, you'll probably find that in the long run all she really wants is the best for your sister and will eventually realise that being on the pill is the best thing for her health.

HeartKids show courage, strength & tenacity

I dont know that I'd be recommending a mirena, especially if you havent had one before. I know a few people who have had them that absolutely hated it and had it removed (myself included). It does come with side effects and can also be fine for a while and then not okay later on. Her partners may also be able to feel it and she may need to go back to the drs to have it trimmed (not sure if they can do that once its inserted).

I dont understand your mums logic either. Generally people go on the pill to not get pregnant not to get pregnant. I'd be taking her to the drs myself and not telling her. Someone said that maybe she thinks telling her she can go on the pill is like agreeing to her having sex - I can definitely understand that logic being a mother but whether your mum likes it or not she is sexually active so she needs to be responsible about it.
Sign in to follow this topic