Huggies Forum

Surrogacy- Please Help! Rss

Hi, I am a Year 12 Student and I am required to survey a range of people. As a part of child Studies, I am completing an issues investigation on surrogacy. If you could please help me by completing the survey below (even if its just a couple of the questions) it would be greatly appreciated.

1. What is your understanding of surrogacy?

2. Why do you think people are using surrogacy?

3. What are the advantages of surrogacy?

4. What are the disadvantages of surrogacy?

5. If the surrogate mother decided that she wanted to keep the child, do you believe she should be allowed to? Why or why not?

6.Imagine you are a parent and you have received your child through surrogacy. What lifestyle changes will you now make to care for your baby?

7. Should surrogacy in Australia be made completely legal?
Yes? No? Unsure?
Why or why not?

8. Do you have any further opinions or comments on surrogacy?

Thanks for your time!

One woman providing another couple with a baby via IVF as they are unable to carry a baby.

They desperately want a child, but their body has failed them. So they seek to "rent a womb" (for want of a better term) to enable them to fulfill their dream of becoming parents.

It provides couples who would otherwise be childless with a chance to become parents.

The woman carrying the baby may have doubts about handing the child over at the end of the pregnancy (depending on gene circumstances too) The surrogate mothers health could be compromised. And in some cases it would put strain on relationships too. If something was to go wrong with the pregnancy, there could be some blame factors also.

5. If the surrogate mother decided that she wanted to keep the child, do you believe she should be allowed to? Why or why not?
It all depends on whether that child is genetically connected to the surrogate mother. If not, then no I don't believe she should. If genetics come into play, then it can get trickier. But in all cases I think that the surrogate mother needs to remember WHY she is doing what she is doing, and follow through with that all the way.

6.Imagine you are a parent and you have received your child through surrogacy. What lifestyle changes will you now make to care for your baby?
Gosh, many lifestyle changes. No one can prepare themselves for the changes to your life when you bring a child into your family. Almost everything you do now is for the good of your child and how it will or won't affect them. For example, in regards to alcohol, smoking and general lifestyle choices.

Yes? No? Unsure?
Why or why not?
Yes. I believe it should be legal in all states of Australia. I thought it actually was now??

If I was ever in a situation where I could become a surrogate, I wouldn't hesitate. This of course depends on a LOT of things. I could not have the baby be genetically connected to myself in any way, and I am not sure I could be a surrogate for strangers. But for family or close friends, definitely would do it.

Some One Having A Child for a Woman who isnt able to herself.

Because they cant themselves, and they can have a child that is biologically theirs.

The Joy of parents that wouldnt otherwise have a child smile

That the mother carrying the child may not want to hand the baby over.

No. She entered into the Surrogacy knowing that the out come was to hand over the baby.

-

Yes? No? Unsure?
Why or why not?

YES! Why deny so many couples the chance to become parents

-
Thanks very much for your help! I greatly appreciate it smile

a woman providing a child to a couple who cannot conceieve themselves, through the use of IVF. both using the couples fertiled embryo or her own donated egg.

they cannot conceieve themselves for various reasons and oviously want a child

a couple gets a child they desperately want and a wonderful woman gets to give the gift of life to them smile

the 'doner' may not want to give up the child

this is a tricky one.. if the child were conceived with the couples DNA (ie their fertilised egg implanted) then no, but if its a woman conceieving with her own egg involved then its a gray area as the baby is technically biologically hers

the same as would be needed for any baby.

Yes? No? Unsure?
Why or why not?

unsure, i think it should be closely monitored and controlled medically and legally but should be made uniform accros the country and be made less difficult to do for couples.

8. Do you have any further opinions or comments on surrogacy
Thanks very much, I really appreciate it smile

one women carrying another woman child via the use of IVF

Because they are unable to carry a child themselves due to medical issues, and they dont wish to adopt due to the crazy process or just not wanting to

having the chance to have a child of your own even though you are medically unable to

the woman who carrys the child is putting her body on the line and sometimes it can get get messy if a woman doesn't want to hand the child over

depends. if the surrogant was carrying a child that was a genetic link to the couple, then no she should have no right to the child. if that child is no link to anyone, then yes but it would be one bad situation!!!

the same as any expecting mum and dad, giving up work or finding daycare, baby proofing your home, occassionally upgrading your home or car

Yes? No? Unsure?
Why or why not?
definately and i think it is legal in some states. everyone should have the opportunity to have a child.

I dont think i could ever be a surrogant unless it was for my sister/brother or close family member....putting your body out there is a big deal

sorry double

It's so nice to read your replies! You make a great thing by helping infertile couples to become parents. Girls, thanks to you we have chance to have happy families! I had cancer of the uterus. So the uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries were removed. It was a big shock for our family. Accepting childless life wasn't a variant for us. Surrogacy was our only option. We decided to find clinic in Europe, which will control all proces. We spent lots of money for my treatment. That's why we needed clinic with affordable price and good service. We thought to go to India. Some reviews put us on guard and we continued our search. It turned out that this procedure is legal in Ukraine. I've read many reviews about Ukrainian clinics and medicine. We went to biotexcom for surrogacy procedure. Our son was born last year. We are so greatful to the clinic and our surrogate mother! We are happy parents now and we have no regrets!
Aaw, I'm just going to give you one answer and will try to cover every question in it. Surrogacy is a modern miracle. There are couples who can't conceive. Conceive meaning they can't give birth to a child themselves. They can still become parents by taking services of a surrogate mother. Mostly, infertility clinics provide the surrogates and also the treatment. They charge top dollars. The best place to be for surrogacy is Ukaine.
Hey!
Instead of answering your questions. I'll like to tell you my story regarding surrogacy. So you'll have the answers to your questions effectively.
There is a solution to every problem today.
If you are unable to have a baby from your own womb then why not you go for surrogacy.
Surrogacy is the most common method of having a baby with your own DNA.
Don't lose any hope dear i'm also 43 years old and i have also no luck with kids.
I had many complications regarding pregnancy.I conceived for 3 times but resulted in miscarriages every time.So i also gave up on getting pregnant again and again.I researched over the web for different methods of having babies and i came across surrogacy.Surrogacy is a good solution for mothers like us who can't have a baby of their own.While researching about surrogacy i came across a clinic named BioTexCom many times.There are very positive reviews about it over the internet.
So i contacted the clinic and told them my complications they answered my all questions.They cleared my misunderstanding about the surrogacy.
So now i am ready to go for the surrogacy method.
I have persuaded my husband to go for surrogacy.He is ready if we can have a baby via surrogacy of our own DNA's.
The clinic will find a good surrogate for our baby.
If someone has any review and suggestion for BioTexCom please let us know.So that we can learn from you.
1. Another woman gets pregnant with your egg and carries your baby
2. Because there is no way to carry a child on your own
3. Figure safety
4. You don't feel your child moving
5. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.
6. The way of life has changed completely
7. It is legal in Ukraine
8. I was looking for a surrogate motherhood in Ukraine and found a trustworthy clinic.
I was treated at the Feskov Human Reproduction Group in Kharkov last year, so I know the truth. Our child was born thanks to the thanks to the Dr. Fescov's clinic. After the accident in childhood, I can not bear and give birth to a child. Therefore, we were looking for a clinic that can pick us up a good surrogate mother. They have on the site described in detail the cost and stages of the procedure. Prices for surrogacy are affordable. When we arrived, we were accommodated in a cozy hotel, food was also good. Doctors at the clinic are very attentive and friendly. Our mood was very purposeful. As a result, our Tiny boy is already 5 months! This clinic situated in Holodnogorskaya st. 15, Kharkov, 61098 Ukraine. You may connect with them at telephone +380577604666 and they will answer for different your questions. Here's their website https://www.mother-surrogate.com I'm not ashamed to recommend this clinic because I'm pretty sure of it.
Sign in to follow this topic