Huggies Forum

news last night Lock Rss

I would NOT want this to happen to anyone at any age. Did anyone see on the news last night about the 15yr old being raped at 2am on monday morning my question is why is a 15yr out at that time with just a group of friends i have a 15yr old daughter and there is no way in hell that she would be out at that time with just a group of friends
I use to babysit a group of children, the eldest 12, and her mother would allow her out until that hour aswell. I think they have a few screws missing from there head!!

How stupid! Anything could happen!
poor kid sad

maybe she snuck out after her parents fell asleep? unfortunatly we cant keep an eye on our kids 24/7
I think you'll find the majority of kid out at that hour are doing so behind their parents backs, i onow at 15/16 i would tell my mum i was going to a movie marethon or staying at a friends house and would go out to partys an stay out untill stupid hour & my mother was none the wiser, at some point it stops being 100% the parents doing and becomes more of the kids making foolish decisions, i was raised well & taught right from wrong but it doesnt always mean kids will make te best decisions. All we can do as parents is teach them the best we can, and hope when the time comes they will make the right choices and keep us involved, but as we all know most teenagers arent all that keen on telling their parents the truth about the big issues ie: drinking, smoking, body image, peer pressure, bullying, sex etc.
Plus i think it's worthwhile to note that no matter what time someone is out until they don't deserve and shouldn't expect to be raped.
I'd have to agrew with mylittlecocobear, it is not always the parent's fault, yes you may raise them to not lie and be truthful but 90% of teenagers are going to rebel lol i mean i suppose if they did let them out at some ongodly hour then it would be a different story..rape will always happen no matter the time of day or place..

I remember once I had a friend over and it was early night so we decided to walk to the movies, dad knew of course but when the movie finally ended it must have been around midnight? We rang a taxi cab and they wouldn't send one out! I have no idea why so we decided to walk back home, BIG MISTAKE, one car kept going up and down the street follwing us and shouting out crude remarks and then another car actually stopped and asked us if we wanted to play prostitutes for a night, me being the hot head I was had a go at them and he made a move to get out and grab me..

Sometimes I suppose you never hear about the circumstances before these things happen either..
Its absolutely awful and I certainly wouldn't allow my child to be out with friends at that hour. Having said that as pp said parents can't always know what their children. I don't know about you but I certainly snuck out a time or 2. My parents raised me well and taught me right from wrong but at 15 I was headstrong, tell me I couldn't do something and I would find a way. I don't think you can blame the parents, we don't know the circumstances and I would imagine regardless of circumstances this girls parents must be devestated and blaming themselves i'm sure.

Plus i think it's worthwhile to note that no matter what time someone is out until they don't deserve and shouldn't expect to be raped.

Ofcourse, nobody deserve such an awful thing to happen to them, i think thats the problem with teenagers sometimes (including myself at that age) they have no concept of the possible dangers & consequences of these poor decisions, i think about how i was acting at that age and am horrified to think of what could have happened to me and my friends but at the time we were just thinking about having fun & being "cool", not once did i consider what the older cool guys we were with could have done to me or whether the person driving the car we were in even had a licence, its our job as parents to think of these things and do our best to teach our kids & hope they feel comfortable enough to talk to tgeir parents about whats going on in their lives, i dont think theres ever a way to stop kids acting out completely
I work law enforcement, and I catch girls that young and younger out at those hours. I'll ring the parents and 9 times out of 10 the response I get is along the lines of "Yeh, I know she's out, you think I care? If you think she'll listen to me, you're mistaking. Just chuck her in a cell, I'll grab her eventually" or "Yeh she's out, who cares, mind your own business" *hangs up*..

It's sad. It really is.

I work law enforcement, and I catch girls that young and younger out at those hours. I'll ring the parents and 9 times out of 10 the response I get is along the lines of "Yeh, I know she's out, you think I care? If you think she'll listen to me, you're mistaking. Just chuck her in a cell, I'll grab her eventually" or "Yeh she's out, who cares, mind your own business" *hangs up*..

It's sad. It really is.

Yep! This is my experience in recent years having been involved with abused and neglected children. For instance their baby will be out playing in the street and the mum is inside and does not care. If it were my baby out there, I would want someone to knock on the door as it would have been an accident and I would not have known they were there, but the reality is most people would cop abuse for knocking and telling the parents the kid is out the front crawling on the road. It is something I learned the hard way about a large portion of parents : (
very sad sad

i was one of those 15 yr olds! my mum never knew where i was. she cared, she tried to keep me home, tried to reason with me, negotiate, christ i think she even tried to bribe me occasionally, but i did what i wanted, when i wanted. I was a *** of a teenager. Thankfully nothing awful ever happened to me.
Sign in to follow this topic