Huggies Forum

Bras Lock Rss

HI Ladies,

I am 12 weeks pregnant and all my bras are getting way to small and hurting me at the moment! I was wondering if anyone had some advice on good bras to buy?

Thanks smile

HI Ladies,

I am 12 weeks pregnant and all my bras are getting way to small and hurting me at the moment! I was wondering if anyone had some advice on good bras to buy?

Thanks smile

im 16 wks & still feel some discomfort but i have had sore boobs since about 8 wks..i find sports bras the most comfy as i wont buy maternity till im frther along as my boobs will get lots bigger & i dont want to buy them again..

I was a 16DD and had never considered anything other than underwire bras! But then, pretty much after the first few weeks of pregnancy, I couldn't stand the wire and the discomfort.

I used to shop through a website called Zodee and most of the bras were a brand called 'Bravado' maternity bras. They all allow for breastfeeding once bubs is here so that was great too.

My link

They also came with pads inserted into a discrete side opening - so if you had breast leeks when feeding nobody would notice. You can take these out if you like. Too easy.

I still wear these bras when I want a 'bra-free' day at home...no wire but still some support in case someone knocks at the door hahaha
Oh - and I forgot to mention - these bras are soft & comfy and kinda stretch with your growing boobs and different shape.

Plus the website is very easy with returns etc.

Good luck grin

im 16 wks & still feel some discomfort but i have had sore boobs since about 8 wks..i find sports bras the most comfy as i wont buy maternity till im frther along as my boobs will get lots bigger & i dont want to buy them again..

Yer thats what i was thinking, no point buying them now as i'll have to buy them later on!! hmm ill try some sports bras smile thanks

I was a 16DD and had never considered anything other than underwire bras! But then, pretty much after the first few weeks of pregnancy, I couldn't stand the wire and the discomfort.

I used to shop through a website called Zodee and most of the bras were a brand called 'Bravado' maternity bras. They all allow for breastfeeding once bubs is here so that was great too.

My link

They also came with pads inserted into a discrete side opening - so if you had breast leeks when feeding nobody would notice. You can take these out if you like. Too easy.

I still wear these bras when I want a 'bra-free' day at home...no wire but still some support in case someone knocks at the door hahaha

Thanks I will defs check that website out! <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>
I got some Maternity Sleep Bra's from Kmart. They're just a baggy cloth thing, no wires. I'm a 12E normally, up to a F or FF already so It's really hard to find comfy bras, whereas those ones from Kmart are pretty good. Not the best support, won't make you look all perky, but so comfy.

Other than that, I just have some normal crop-top type sports bras from when I was preg with DS. Same thing, don't look great, but amazingly comfortable. I'll only buy the actual maternity bra's closer to the end.
I was told You should buy a good quality maternity bra by 16 wks, get it fitted when u buy it!
and trust me even if you get larger and have to buy more ur not wasting ur money, Ur breasts will change size several times as time goes on, and as u breast feed less as ur bub gets older!!!

When i got my maternity bras fitted they gave me a few tips:
get it so it fits comfortably on the tightest hook, Should have 6 double hooks (hope that makes sense) this way u have loads of support and plenty of growing room.
They also told me with the cup size should fit comfortabley, and u should be able to fit ur clenched fist inside ur cup whilst wearing it, this ensure plenty of growing room inside the cup.

I'm 23 wks pregnant and have a toddler i breast fed him for 10 months,
I've actually been eyeing off the ahhh bra on tv wondering if it'll be suitable.

Kiddi &lt;3

i bought maternity bras at around 16wks with #1..biggest waste of $$ in mycase, i did have them fitted and the woman 'allowed' for milk when it came in but they were a terrible fit when i actually needed them and didnt feel all that hot when i was preg.

so for #2 i went and bought no underwire T-shirt bras (loveable brand) cheap as chips and i LOVED them then i went and got maternity bras a week or so after my milk settled down..they fit much better.i found sports bras good for around the house but since im a small cup they look horrid under clothes and i felt frumpy lol the loveable bras are slightly padded so you stil get a nice shape and dont look like a madonna impersonator!

no matter what you get tho, get rid of the underwire as it can inhibit the development of your milk ducts (if this is your first preg).
Apparently your breats do most of their growing in the first trimester, so I would be getting fitted now. I recommend the lovable Suddenly Shapely T-shirt bra RRP $44.95 but often on sale at Trixan Body (online) and stores like Myer, David Jones etc..

Don't forget maternity bras have extra settings (usually 6) for expanding ribcages!
As soon as I started to get uncomfortable, I made a b line for the shops, got fitted and spent literally the whole pregnancy in the bras. Really surprised, considering I always wore underwires or tight fitting sports bra.

As soon as you got discomfort, get the wire off, its not good for the growth of what needs to develop.
Comfort is the key factor when buying underwear, especially underwear that you will be wearing for 6-8 hours each day.

As soon as your current bras no longer fit, get some new bras. They don't have to be maternity bras but they should either be wirefree or have flexi wire, not the metal wire. However, if they are bras that you will be wearing all day, they still need to be supportive - once boobs go south, they will never come up again as there's no muscle in them. With your bust likely to expand 2-3 cup sizes (sometimes more) and even 2-3 band sizes during pregnancy, support is critical. Support is also needed to prevent shoulder and back aches which may also happen to some girls in pregnancy.

I hear so many mums-to-be and new mums not wanting to "waste" money on bras but a good bra, to me, is an investment in my health. $40-$60 on a bra (you can pick them up for much less during sales time) is not a lot of money compared to what expenses I may have later if I don't look after myself. Also, how much more do we spend on our kids for things they only need for short while and how much do kids cost overall to raise?

While I have my own lingerie business, please don't take this as a rant for sales - it's not. Merely advice from a mum who would do things differently if better education was available when I had my kids.
Sign in to follow this topic