Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Curious to why DOCs would take someones child?

Curious to why DOCs would take someones child? Lock Rss

After reading about someones baby being taken from them by DOCS/Community Services it just got me wondering about reasons this would occur. I am assuming that things would have to be extremely bad for a child to be taken from the parents and would not be something minor.
I guess I find it upsetting and feel really sad for babies and children that are put through these situations as it's just not fair as they are innocent victims.

I'm just curious if anyone knows how bad things have to be for a baby/child to be taken from their parents.

I knew a couple that had their little boy taken off them. Both have been to jail once or twice befor the mother had already had 6 or 7 children an every child had been takin off of her because she was just a crap mother. She was a complete drug addicted she would also smoke inside the house with the child she did drugs, smoked cigs, an drank alot f grog whilst pregnant with him. She then breast fed this poor little guy whist she was on her 'high' from speed an god knows what else...

So in that situation they have every right to take away a child. You would have thought that this stupid bitch would have learnt the the 1st time her 1st baby/child got taken off of her. She is now on the run from the cops an the father is in jail. An he is set to get the little boy back once he gets out of jail but isn't going to change the way he wants to live his life style... So he won't ever get him back (thank god) an she won't either, but not that she even cares!

I knwe a couple tthat had their little boy taken off them. Both have been to jail once or twice befor the mother had already had 6 or 7 children an every child had been takin off of her because she was just a crap mother. She was a complete drug addicted she would also smoke inside the house with the child she did drugs, smoked cigs, an drank alot f grog whilst pregnant with him. She then breast fed this poor little guy whist she was on her 'high' from speed an god knows what else...

So in that situation they have every right to take away a child. You would have thought that this stupid bitch would have learnt the the 1st time her 1st baby/child got taken off of her. She is now on the run from the cops an the father is in jail. An he is set to get the little boy back once he gets out of jail but isn't going to change the way he wants to live his life style... So he won't ever get him back (thank god) an she won't either, but not that she even cares!

That is such a sad story. I really think some people need to be desexed as it is the innocent children that suffer. I can never understand people that choose to bring a child into the world when they must know that the drugs they are pumping into their bodies would be hurting their unborn child.

This also makes me wonder if a pregnant woman can be charged with child abuse if she uses drugs whilst pregnant.

what post? unsure
It has to be bad. Quite often people blame DOCS for taking kids but once a kid is in care the case is put before a court to deem if child should remain in care (within 48hrs?)) and be subject to care proceedings (where evidences is given and decisions about child being returned or in long term care are made proceedings can take months).

Whilst DoCs remove kids from parents, court makes the decisions about them staying in care. Parents get a lawyer. Things have to be bad for kids to be removed and by law removing a child from parents should be last option.

I do feel sorry for parents that have their kids taken by DoCs as they have their own issues but their issues should not mean that a child should be abused or neglect. If a child needs to be in care than I truly believe that child has already experienced things that no child should ever have too. Every child has the right to be safe.

That is such a sad story. I really think some people need to be desexed as it is the innocent children that suffer. I can never understand people that choose to bring a child into the world when they must know that the drugs they are pumping into their bodies would be hurting their unborn child.

This also makes me wonder if a pregnant woman can be charged with child abuse if she uses drugs whilst pregnant.

It is sad for the kids but the best thing for them in the long run. These 2 deff need to be desexed! Once the lady took off after the little boy got taken the Father went an hooked up with a younger lady an...

Wait for it....

Gave her genital warts! W.. T.. ! seriously * idiots. Ppl like them do not even deserve the right to live. Oh an now this lady is pregnant (she may have already had the bub by now) an also does speed an what ever else she likes every now an then!!

what post? unsure

Sorry Subzero. I'm unsure how to link to the post but its in
General Baby Topics-
Your Relationships
titled 'Frustrations!!! With My Big Guy Not My Little One.

I know two people who have had children taken away. One i suspect drugs are involved and i think they still don't have the child back. Another the child was taken away from as he fell over nude and hurt his penis. The childcare reported it. Im pretty sure the mother got him back. There case though they were stuffed around. The mother did everything they asked but they took months to actually set up appointments.
There are a lot of reasons why a child may be taken into the care of DoCS. But it needs to be serious and taking them into care is always a last resort.

As a PP said, the decision on the children remaining in care is made by a magistrate. All DoCS can do is put forth the information and then the decision is out of their hands. Believe me, there have been some kids returned to their parents who shouldn't have and there's nothing that DoCS can do about it.

A baby being taken into care can be because of severe domestic violence, drug and alcohol abuse which impacts on their ability to parent, lack of parenting skills which place the child at significant risk, parental intellecualt impairment, lack of supports for the parents, physically abusing the child (ie broken bones, bruising), inadequate supervision.

DoCS don't ever change their mind. The parents need to prove over a period of time that they understand the child protection concerns (reason child is in care) and they have addressed them, made significant changes in their lives and can show that this will never happen again. If they can't then the child doesn't go home.
but this

???? <span class="emoticon unsure">unsure</span>
& this
<span class="emoticon huh">huh</span>

scroll down a bit through the posts to see

but this

???? <span class="emoticon unsure">unsure</span>

What the hell <span class="emoticon gasp">gasp</span> I sure as hell would not want my child near this person. This is sooooo weird. Why is she looking for friends for her and her baby when she does not even have her baby as it's with Community Services. Maybe I am paranoid but I find that freaky.

Sign in to follow this topic