Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Child Care Rebate Question. Lock Rss

I changed my payments to be paid to me fortnightly.
So today i got my payment for that.
But i have not got my quarterly payment from april-june.
I have tried ringing and the website with no luck yet.
I think i will have to go in to see them. But does anyone have an idea on this please?
I am supposedly getting mine in a lump sum annually and have no idea how that even happens. Didn't get any last July either. *shrugs* Centrelink just likes to mess with peoples heads I think.
I literally just hung up the phone from centrelink, the guy said for that april-june quarter they wait until you submit your tax return incase anything needs to be adjusted smile
Hey
the last payment for the financial year (april, may, june) is held over until you (& partner if you have one) have submitted your tax return for the year!! Then it is all reconciled, they take their money (if you owe them) & they give you yours
HTH
Hey. To get my childcare rebate for the last quarter of the year both my husband and I have to have lodged our tax return. Once that is done, centrelink finalises all there stuff from our actual incomes and then pays everything else like if they owe us money and ccb etc. Not sure if this helps?
Thanks very much guys.
That just saved me a trip to centrelink.
That makes sense.
I lodged tax return last year. Never heard back from them. Ah well, it was only a few weeks worth anyways.

I lodged tax return last year. Never heard back from them. Ah well, it was only a few weeks worth anyways.

You should follow that up! Find out where it went. If it was only a few weeks, maybe it went into your account & you just didnt notice?
Nah, I checked. I just count it as a write off, not worth my hassle chasing them. Even on my Centrelink online account it says 0 next to child care rebate received.
Sign in to follow this topic