Huggies Forum

Oh dear.... Lock Rss

My Mum (lovely as she is) offered to come (a 3 hour drive from her place) and babysit for DD yesterday while I went to work (DD's usual carer wasn't available).

I returned home to find Mum had cut the top of DD's hair (her first haircut) into a hideous, very short fringe. OMFG!!!!!! What else can I say........
Your thread title says it all........oh dear!

oh No! Her first Haircut too- oooops gasp

(at least it will grow back.)
sad
Why on earth would she think that was a good idea??

I've always enjoyed the priviledge of doing my kids' first haircut myself (I save a little bit and stick it in their baby books).

I would be shattered if my mum or mil did it instead, particularly without asking, and making a very short fringe!!! sad

Hope it grows back quickly.

Oh no! I think I would have cried as I love my daughters hair how it is and if anyone cut it without my permission I would be devastated sad

OMG! That is so bad, what did you say? A first haircut is very important to a mummy...I can't believe she would take that away from you sad

i would be so pissed! that is incredibly rude.
i'd be careful not to leave her alone with your daughter near a hair dressers, she might decide to get her ears pierced next LOL

i would actually be really upset about that. the first hair cut is like a milestone!
WOW I would be pretty upset too, as an adult you would think she would understand that it would be important to you to get it done yourself...

My older kids (2 & 4 at the time) gave DD2 her first haircut!!! I was wIld at the time as they literally grabbed a handful at the crown of her head and snipped, I retrieved it from the bin.... eventually saw the funny side and put it in her baby book... its actually a fond memory now as our son is no longer with us...

But being that she is a mother herself I think she should have known to ask

OMG! That is so bad, what did you say? A first haircut is very important to a mummy...I can't believe she would take that away from you sad

I think I was actually in shock. I just kept saying oh my god over and over. I did say it looked awful and it was one of those haircuts that you get when you're a kid and whenever you see a photo of yourself in the future with that haircut you feel embarrassed! I couldn't say too much- my Mum is super sensitive and I think she felt really bad about it afterwards. She said she was just going to cut a tiny bit to get it out of DD's eyes but her hair is curly and it bounced up!

Oh well, she did save the hair she'd cut off so I could put it in the baby book! No point stressing- it's done now!
Sign in to follow this topic