Huggies Forum

how to clean mcn's Lock Rss

I'm after the post where a few ppl had wrote out how they clean their babys MCN's... An I just can't find it! It would have been maybe a month to 2 months ago that someone started the thread.

Can anyone find it? If not.. How do you clean MCN's?
ive yet to start using them, but once i do, apparently you just rinse off poo/flush away disposable liner etc then dry pail them (bucket with no water) until ready to wash and then just chuck them in the wash with a gentle liquid etc but no fabric softener, and then hang out in the sun to dry.

but like i said, i've yet to start using them so open to correction! lol

ive yet to start using them, but once i do, apparently you just rinse off poo/flush away disposable liner etc then dry pail them (bucket with no water) until ready to wash and then just chuck them in the wash with a gentle liquid etc but no fabric softener, and then hang out in the sun to dry.

but like i said, i've yet to start using them so open to correction! lol

laugh Start using them, they are great!!! I remember a few ppl posted something about bi carb soda an vinegar I think it was but you only do it when needed but I can't remember how much... An I think my boys mcns need a good proper wash cause they seem to be leaking an have just gone crappy.. Suprise suprise I used fluffy in a rinse an spin cycle lol cause they have a smell to them that I couldn't an still can't get rid of..
i cant start using them til this baby decides to evict itself from my uterus LOL im due today though so hopefully not too much longer!!!
tongue

got no idea when it comes to a more thorough clean sorry!

i cant start using them til this baby decides to evict itself from my uterus LOL im due today though so hopefully not too much longer!!!
tongue

got no idea when it comes to a more thorough clean sorry!

Oh lol laugh Well hopefully bub will hurry up for you, can't be to much longer then if todays your due date!! grin Thats awsome, good luck!
thanks! smile
Line the nappy with a liner from Woolies, or chux cloths cut in half work well too. There are flushable liners available from some places, but they are a bit more expensive.

When you change the nappy, rinse it and pop it in a lidded bucket. You don't need water in it at all. Sprinkling a bit of bi carb over each nappy when you put it in will help stop it getting too stinky.

Try to wash every day/every second day. If you leave them too long the wee will ruin the nappies.

Tip them into your machine and do a cold pre-wash or pre-rinse (no powder). Wash them in a cold/cool/warm wash (not hot - it will ruin the waterproof cover) with half as much powder/liquid as you normally would for a load that size or soapnuts. Don't use fabric softener as it will clog up the nappies and stop them being absorbent. Do an extra rinse when the wash is finished. Also, don't use bleach or vinegar because that wrecks the waterproof covers too.

Dry in the sun whenever possible.

If your nappies get really stinky or start leaking, do a strip wash. In a top loader wash them in hot water with a squirt of dishwashing liquid. Keep rinsing until all the suds are gone. Don't do strip washes too often though or you'll wreck them! (Not for frontloaders!)

Oh, no zinc based bum creams either, they also clog up the absorbency!

I hope that helps smile
Darn it I have a front loader not top loader.... Thanks though amm17

Any one else know????
You can still strip wash in a front loader, just omit the dish liquid smile Providing the brand you have doesn't say not to, you can add some bi-carb to the first wash and then re-wash (hot) without adding anything. Repeat until the wash stops producing suds.
I've found an awesome product for destinking nappies too, have a look at Rockin Green
They have a whole range of detergents etc, but I just use "funk rock" destinker and a cheaper sensitive washing powder from the supermarket

You can still strip wash in a front loader, just omit the dish liquid smile Providing the brand you have doesn't say not to, you can add some bi-carb to the first wash and then re-wash (hot) without adding anything. Repeat until the wash stops producing suds.

Awsome thanks! How much bi carb do you recon I should use?
Found it Thanks nadz27 grin Going to go do this now while the sun is still out. Thanks a heap!
Sign in to follow this topic