Huggies Forum

Out of curiousity... Lock Rss

Just wondering if anyone on here has any regrets about the name they chose for their children? It's such a huge thing and I'm having a difficult time picking this pregnancy and it got me wondering if it was common for people to wish they had chosen something else!!!
I actually did want to change DD2's name when she was about 6 weeks old! I really liked Milla, but because DD1's middle name is Milly, I thought it was too much so never bought it up. Then I decided I didn't care- I wanted it anyways, but she was already 6 weeks old.
BUUUUUT, I didn't change it-I love her name and couldn't picture her as anything else (except maybe cheekiest monkey alive!)

Yes, in a way! I had a name that I really liked (Arabella) but family and friends all told me it was disgusting and that I would be crazy to use it. So my DD ended up with a name that is similar (Isabelle) but I don't really like it as much, plus it is quite popular which I didn't want, and I don't feel that it goes with our surname.

I am not sure that I would class it as a major regret, but certainly if I were choosing her name again it wouldn't be Isabelle. If I can give you any advice from my own experience, it is to go with what YOU like. Don't take advice and opinions from others.

Yes, in a way! I had a name that I really liked (Arabella) but family and friends all told me it was disgusting and that I would be crazy to use it. So my DD ended up with a name that is similar (Isabelle) but I don't really like it as much, plus it is quite popular which I didn't want, and I don't feel that it goes with our surname.

I am not sure that I would class it as a major regret, but certainly if I were choosing her name again it wouldn't be Isabelle. If I can give you any advice from my own experience, it is to go with what YOU like. Don't take advice and opinions from others.

I love Arabella!

Both names we have pick we love. Both names for the kids we choose not long after we found out what we were having and we just said that the perfect name. But it took alot of saying no to other names till we found the right one. The middle name for litte man took longer than i thought. It took me 5 months to get hubby to agree.

I love Arabella too!!

My first advice is, KEEP THE NAME A SECRET! I told family all my name ideas when i was preggers with no. 1 and the replies I got.. well lets just say I didnt pick the name that I originally wanted.. No I dont wish I had called him my original name but I am frustrated to this day that my cousin then went on to pick the same name a year later when she heard what it was!

So we kept no. 2's name a secret until she was born.. and I love it. i remember thinking when DD was born that she didnt "suit" the name but DH believes that we grow into our name.. not the other way.. so we kept it. I wouldnt have changed it now!
I still love our boy's names ... However if I had a child right now I don't think I would pick them now if that makes sense!? As someone else said, you hear other names along the way that grow on you. Many of the names I had on my list 7yrs ago I dont like so much anymore. Tastes change I think

Btw ssrc our eldest son has the same name as your little boy. And your daughters name was one of our fave girls names ... So I think you have great taste anyway wink
I have never had a second thought about my childrens names. To this day I love them and would use them again if we were just starting out having kids.

#3 is due any day now and while I love the name we have picked, I am having a couple of doubts on variations for it because they are all so fantastic I want to make sure I go with the right one!

Julia (14yrs), Cooper (6yrs) & Amarlia (14 months)

I really struggled with our DD's name. She was our first girl after 3boys so I really wanted to get it 'right'. I loved the name Milla too and also Roma but DH hated both of them. On the night before we had her we had a terrible fight and he said to call her whatever I wanted [there were a few more words thrown in there]lol. Now you have to know that we very rarely ever fight so by this time we were both totally over it.
Anyhow we went in to have her and they pulled her out and the names I had picked out for her just went out the window. She didnt look like either of them! We ended up having a baby with no name for 24hrs until we came up with her name - the funny thing is is that it was never on our list. I just looked at her and said it DH what about 'Sienna Charlotte' and he loved it too.
I do.

I wish that i didnt cave to family pressure & call DS by the family name. It's not like it's a horrible name & i certainly dont hate it, just not what "I" would have picked for my son. It was extremely important to DH, we discussed it, i agreed, so that's that. I did get to pick the middle name without interferance from DH or his family - even tho it was pointed out that i broke tradition there blink & it did leave me wondering if i actually counted in this equation... LOL Part of the deal was that i also got to choose any subsequent childrens names & i am in love with DD's name - no regrets there!
Whilst I love the girls' names, I sometimes wonder if they actually 'suit' them IYFWIM...

But I think a lot of that comes down to us having nicknames for them, so we don't always call them by their 'proper' names laugh
Like Olivia, we call her 'E-ya' or 'E-ya-Bear'
With Isabelle, we often call her 'E-ya-Belle'

I love DS's name - it suits him perfectly!!
And it's awesome that it's a little bit different smile

I have a different regret! I love both of DD's names (first and middle) so much that I kinda regret giving her that middle name- if we have another girl I would have liked it to be a first name. Apart from that I LOVE LOVE LOVE her entire name and we get lots of compliments on it which is nice smile
Sign in to follow this topic