Huggies Forum

How do you know? Lock Rss

I am pregnant with my 4th baby, and still can't imagine this being my last.
Did other people know it was time and easily make the decision to have no more children or was it a hard choice that is still hard to accept but done for particular reasons ie finances so the decisision won't be changed?

Thanks grin
Im no help but I have been wondering the exact same thing...I really want another but im worried that then I'll want another one too, and I was wondering if it is something you just know or just have to come to terms with.

As I said, Im no help but I hope someone out there knows.

Im no help but I have been wondering the exact same thing...I really want another but im worried that then I'll want another one too, and I was wondering if it is something you just know or just have to come to terms with.

As I said, Im no help but I hope someone out there knows.

Helps to know someone else feels the same to be honest smile I wish someone had told me that once I started I wouldn't want to stop lol
I guess everyone is different. With me, I know we are done. The thought of having another baby fills me with absolute dread. Before I had my 3rd I would see people with other babies and get so clucky....but not anymore.

It's not a conscious decision we have made, it's just a feeling. I'm sad we won't have another baby, and have to kind of grieve that that stage is over in our lives. But we just feel that our little family is complete smile

mummy of two

When i was pregnant with little man i thought yeah i have another one cause we love to be bless with a girl and when i held little man i thought yeah i done. Told hubby i feel like i didn't want anymore and he said he wants another one. So i started thinking about having another one and i don't think i'm done just yet. I think one more and i will feel complete. So we make the final decision within the next 2 years i would enjoy having a 3rd baby.

I had 3 under 14mths and even though for years I said I'd done my bit for the country and there was no way i was having any more i always knew deep down I wasnt finished having babies. When my twins went to preschool I enjoyed those 1st 6mths of doing nothing and not having children demanding my attention. However that longing to have 'just one more' kept creeping back in. I guess too for me it was wanting to know what it was like to just have ONE baby.
Anyhow 7.5 years later we had a little girl and I just knew from then that that was it. She is 3 years old now and is still my 'baby'. I have no desire to be pregnant again and although I love little newborns and of course being a women I still get clucky but i think you lose that yearning. It really is just a feeling. Theres no consious decision you just know when enough is enough.
Hope that makes sense. lol
Well, we have made a conscious decision to be done with our family. We have decided that because of financial restricitons, we could not give our family the lifestyle that we want for them if we have more. It isnt really the first couple of years that we worry about, it is the next 20 or so... LOL. We have a plan of what we want & where we want to take them & lets face it, raising children is bloody expensive. We do not wish to rely on government assistance to raise our kids.
We are SOOOO done! lol
There's absolutely no question of having any more here.
Having three suits us perfectly - we've got a big enough car for three, big enough house for three and barely enough money for one! laugh

For us, there definitely was/is that feeling that we're done - no more.

And if I ever do feel a little clucky, I'll get a kitten! laugh

I am pregnant with my 4th baby, and still can't imagine this being my last.
Did other people know it was time and easily make the decision to have no more children or was it a hard choice that is still hard to accept but done for particular reasons ie finances so the decisision won't be changed?

Thanks grin

I have four children and I KNOW more then anything in this world that I DO NOT want anymore children. Four is huge! Money wise, energy wise, time wise, everything! What kind of car would you get, would each child be able to get everything they NEED!

For me tho, I knew I didnt want anymore, when I see or hear about a new baby I dont get all clucky and feel like I just HAVE to have one. Instead I feel sorry for the new parent! haha.. All those horrible sleepless nights, sore boobs, having to be attached to another all the time, no my hip has def had enough..

I enjoy time with my children doing things with them, along side them now.
With my youngest 15 months I cant wait until she is running around by her self.. she still isnt walking..

I thinks its a joint agreement also, I was done at 3, but my husband really wanted a forth, so we had four. How old are you? I think age has heaps to do with it too, I told myself I wouldnt have kids after I turned 30. That our family would be done by then, I like the thought of being a young mum with loads of energy and being a young grandparent full of energy.
Now I am reaching 30 in November and am at a total content place.

Trust me you will know when you have had enough.. If you cant decide, maybe you still have more to go!! smile
You just do I think. You lose that desire for a newborn. I have 3 and my youngest is 1 and I cant imagine going back to sleepless nights and screaming babies.

Dont get me wrong sometimes I still get clucky, but only for the giving birth and having that feeling you do for a couple of weeks. I have no desire to do the rest. That definately is not the right reason to have another.

I gave away all my baby stuff recently and it felt good. It felt real good, so I suppose that is another sign that I am done.
a medical condition pretty much sealed the decision for us, the doctors said it would be better not to be pregnant again.However, when a surprise pregnancy happened(after we had decided 3 was it) the doctors said it would be ok with careful monitoring but it was not to be, as the pregnancy ended with a miscarriage.That was tough as we had just gotten into the 4th baby mindset.In hindsight it was probably for the best-I was still not in the best of health and 3 boys under 6 at the time was enough to manage.So to conclude, we are well and truly done and happy about it.Whenever I see a family with babies and toddlers I am pleased its not me lol!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

As others have said when they see a new baby and not feel clucky I think you know that's it. I start to think I'm glad it's not me when I see a newborn and feel sorry for the Mum with all the sleepless nights ahead!! We have 2 and there was never even talk of a 3rd. We both knew that was it for us. Even after having DS I remember the great feeling of knowing I never had to give birth again lol
Sign in to follow this topic