Huggies Forum

Help finding thermals online! Lock Rss

Lame question- don't judge me. I live in the tropics, always have. But for reasons that are unaviodable, I find myself having to make a trip to Melbourne next month.

Have I mentioned I live in the tropics? I need warm clothes. I have coats- two in fact- but I don't own any thermals. Hell, I don't even own any long sleeved tops. I'm thinking of just getting a heap of plain long sleeved black thermals, and wearing them under my normal summer dresses, along with tights- or thermal tights, some boots, with one of my coats on top.

Help me out. Where can I get some cheap, comfortable thermals online? Did I mention- cheap? And warm. And comfortable. I only wear cotton, due to always having lived in the tropics, so when I imagine wearing a synthetic fibre next to my skin or wool, I imagine it being itchy and uncomfortable, but is it actually like that when you're cold? Look, I don't mean to sound dumb, but I'm sitting here in a t-shirt and no pants on, thinking it might be cold enough, maybe, to actually put some pj bottoms on. This is the winter I'm used to. I only have two coats because I impluse brought them on sale.

I can't borrow any off my friends because a) they're wearing them, because they're down south cool they wouldn't have brought them up with them.

Maybe I could wait till I arrive in Melbourne, then go straight from the airport to the shops? tongue But what if there's nothing cheap or on sale left in the shops!!!

Lame question- don't judge me. I live in the tropics, always have. But for reasons that are unaviodable, I find myself having to make a trip to Melbourne next month.

Have I mentioned I live in the tropics? I need warm clothes. I have coats- two in fact- but I don't own any thermals. Hell, I don't even own any long sleeved tops. I'm thinking of just getting a heap of plain long sleeved black thermals, and wearing them under my normal summer dresses, along with tights- or thermal tights, some boots, with one of my coats on top.

Help me out. Where can I get some cheap, comfortable thermals online? Did I mention- cheap? And warm. And comfortable. I only wear cotton, due to always having lived in the tropics, so when I imagine wearing a synthetic fibre next to my skin or wool, I imagine it being itchy and uncomfortable, but is it actually like that when you're cold? Look, I don't mean to sound dumb, but I'm sitting here in a t-shirt and no pants on, thinking it might be cold enough, maybe, to actually put some pj bottoms on. This is the winter I'm used to. I only have two coats because I impluse brought them on sale.

I can't borrow any off my friends because a) they're wearing them, because they're down south cool they wouldn't have brought them up with them.

Maybe I could wait till I arrive in Melbourne, then go straight from the airport to the shops? tongue But what if there's nothing cheap or on sale left in the shops!!!

There is a shop called postie plus in New Zealand.. thermals are all half price and they are great for the little ones. Mine are all in their thermals at night... Maybe google it.. and buy on line
We went to the snow on the weekend and didnt have thermals and it was fine.......Not sure what the weather will be like where you are going,but maybe just regular tights will do?
Thanks guys for all your help...

And yes, I do need thermals, 5cutekids! I sailed from Sydney to Hobart in October a few years back, and I didn't pack anywhere near enough warm clothes. I had a similar problem in Sydney in April at night. I've lived in the tropics for over 22 years, so even 20C I find chilly. It's just what I am used to, I suppose. I can walk around in the blazing sun, 34C, 100% humidity for severals hours, so the pay off is that I don't handle the cold.
ebay? Melb isnt to bad u will enjoy it here!
ps- postie was perfect, too bad they don't post outside NZ...
Sign in to follow this topic