Huggies Forum

Places to stay in Canberra?? Lock Rss

DH has a fight in canberra and will need a place to stay for 2 nights with 4 adults. ANyone know a good place? not too expensive though!! It will be at the canberra convention centre so somehwere not too far but dont mind driving 20-30min.

I have looked on line but seeing if anyone could recomend a place.

Hi Vanessa,

We used to live in Canberra and after bubs was born we went to visit friends a few months ago and stayed at a place called Olims Hotel. Its a heritage listed hotel about a 2 minute walk from the city centre. Probably a 15 minute walk to the convention centre. I found the room rate very reasonable and was quite impressed with the room once we got there.

Hi Vanessa,

We used to live in Canberra and after bubs was born we went to visit friends a few months ago and stayed at a place called Olims Hotel. Its a heritage listed hotel about a 2 minute walk from the city centre. Probably a 15 minute walk to the convention centre. I found the room rate very reasonable and was quite impressed with the room once we got there.

Great thank you will check it out now grin

Waldorf - right around corner from convention centre, self contained apartments
Rydges (Capital Hill) - can be resonably priced depending on what day of week, a 5-10 min walk to convention centre
Breakfree capital tower (next to rydges)

There are heaps more but i have only stayed at the ones iv listed and they are very close. I would stay close to the city for convenience

This website seems to be pretty good My link

ETA with 4 people look for apartments coz they will end up very cheap once they split the price and they can still stay somewhere decent

Rydges (Capital Hill) - can be resonably priced depending on what day of week, a 5-10 min walk to convention centre

There are heaps more but i have only stayed at the ones iv listed and they are very close. I would stay close to the city for convenience

This website seems to be pretty good My link

ETA with 4 people look for apartments coz they will end up very cheap once they split the price and they can still stay somewhere decent

Thanks <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span> Having a look now. For some reason they cheap ones are taken for that weekend and its still 6 weeks away!! I have found a few b&b places but alot of them are 40min away which might be a bit too much

Thanks smile Having a look now. For some reason they cheap ones are taken for that weekend and its still 6 weeks away!! I have found a few b&b places but alot of them are 40min away which might be a bit too much

Not sure whats on...hope you have some luck

If they are willing to drive 20-30 mins they could basically stay anywhere in the whole of canberra laugh the b&b's must be just outside canberra

Hey thought id correct you quickly- I think you mean Rydges Lakeside- not Capital Hill- Capital Hill is near Manuka ( I know because that is where my DH and I stayed for our wedding night) smile

Hey thought id correct you quickly- I think you mean Rydges Lakeside- not Capital Hill- Capital Hill is near Manuka ( I know because that is where my DH and I stayed for our wedding night) smile

Oh cheers! Whoops sorry OP!

Back when i was a teen my friend always used to refer to that hill at the top of northbourne as capital hill and its always confused me!
Hi

I live in Canberra. I second Rydges Lakeside as that isnt too badly priced and is in a good location.

If you are willing to make the drive, you could always stay on a hotel in Belconnen or further up Dickson. As that would only be a couple of minutes drive away. Unless you are planning on driving from one end of Canberra to the other, than it shouldnt be move than a 15 minute drive.
There are a stack of places to stay in the city centre. Best place to check them out is probably on wotif.com

Julia (14yrs), Cooper (6yrs) & Amarlia (14 months)

Sign in to follow this topic