Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Why did you have children so early in life ??

Why did you have children so early in life ?? Lock Rss

There is a thread that talks about what age were you when you had your first and a thread talking about having babies later in life even though i wouldnt class 30 as later in life personally.

I would love to hear from younger mums in there teen, why they had children so young.
I had DS when I was 17 so pregnant at 16. He wasn't planned though. Me and DP spoke about abortion but we decided against it. Now 2 1/2 years later were still together and just had DD smile I cant really answer why I had babies young though because it kind of just happened.
Well I dont have any particular reason I had my kids early, except that I just wanted them lol! I had DS1 when I was 19, thought that was pretty great so had DS2 tongue I love being a young mum I cant imagine my life any other way
I've just had my little girl a month ago (2 weeks before my 22nd birthday). DH and I married at 19, started TTC at 20, preg at 21. Several reasons... I was concerned about my fertility (hx of PCOS) and didn't want to take chances by putting it off too late, thought I would physically and mentally cope with pregnancy and being a parent at a younger age, I like the idea of having grown up children by the time I'm in my 40's... but the main reason was that I have always wanted a baby and DH and I have been together for 6 years and the time just felt right!

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

I had my first when I was 22 and the main reason we started young is because I want to still be fairly young when my kids grow up and be able to help them out if they decide to have kids young I will still be pretty young my self
Im 23 Ive always wanted to be a mum but at 15 my plan was to travel live in the uk get married to an English bloke and have kids around 26/27 well that all changed about a year later I met my now husband when I was 16 going on 17 (he was 18 going on 19) I fell in love and I fell hard When I was 18 we got engaged and talked about kids and getting married. When I was 21 we got married I was trying 3 months before the wedding to get pregs in hope I would but I didnt it tok us 2 years before we fell pregs with this one my first preg and seems to be going well I always wanted to be a young mum tho my mum was 37 when she had me(9 years after her"last) and she was over the school thing and the teenage thing (also she has a liver disorder which makes her extremely tired) so I thought Id rather be a young mum also I can go off and do the travel thing when they are older without being "to old" I also was never interested in a "career" Ive just always wanted to be a mum I guess so thats probs why I wanted to have my kids young. now I cant wait for this one to be born then maybe in 2 or 3 years I will have a second
I didn't have my kids as early as others here ... but they arrived WAY earlier than we had planned tongue

We have been together since 17. I had just finished uni and DH was doing an apprenticeship . I wanted to be a career girl, we'd just bought our first house. We had plans of travel, marriage, then was planning children in our early 30's

Went to a wedding, was a little careless and well we found ourselves expecting when DH was 23 and I was 24.

BEST OOPS we've ever made though. We had DS2 14mths later (planned wink) We say now that we actually wish we had of been younger when we started our family. I am a fan of having kids whilst younger if you are in a stable position and relationship
DH and I planned to have our little bubble butt this early, cause we'd been togethor since high school, and around May last year I was rushed to hospital with horrible pains, to find that I had PCOS (and a nasty infection in my hips and ovaries which was causing the apin) the doctors at Waikato Hosp. told me I'd never have kids, so we decided that when I finished university in the spring I'd move to Auckland and we'd start TTC, under the impression it would take a lot longer. It didn't =P
We'd always planned to have kids early, I went to university to fill in the gap years and to learn more about my interests not for a career (very 1920's of me). Being a Mum and a wife were the only things that interested me. Though I wish we'd waited till DH learned to drive (though in saying that I have my skepticism about him every learning to drive)
Not long to go now, and we'll see if it's all I expect it to be (though I lived with kids just out of high school, so I have some idea of the non stopness of it)

I had DS a month after turning 20 but did have 3 miscarriages in 13mo before i fell pregnant so would of been even younger. My reasons were i'd been with DP since a month b4 turning 17 and we were going for custody od my SD and SS. So i decided since we were already raising children y not do it at the one time and didnt want any more of an age gap. They're now just turned 2, 12, 13 and i'm glad had DS young. Though it's fun sometimes with teenage hormones and terrible 2's at once. LOL
i fell pregnant at 17 and had my daughter at 18. smile
it was both really what we wanted and alot more common now.
i don't see myself as too young. i'm 20 now, have my own business, have alot of savings, have a big savings account for my daughter and give her all the love, care and attention she needs. some girls have children starting at 12-13 now. i say as long as the child and mother are both healthy and happy - good on them! smile
i fell pregnant at 17 and had my daughter at 18. smile
it was both really what we wanted and alot more common now.
i don't see myself as too young. i'm 20 now, have my own business, have alot of savings, have a big savings account for my daughter and give her all the love, care and attention she needs. some girls have children starting at 12-13 now. i say as long as the child and mother are both healthy and happy - good on them! smile
My daughter was born when I was 19. I was doing a degree at uni but I got to a stage where I couldn't concentrate on my studies because all I could think about was having a baby. I would sit in my classes day dreaming about having my own baby and what life would be like. My fiancee and I both decided we would love to have a baby and started trying and 4 months later I was pregnant. I'm SO glad we have her in our lives, I can't imagine life without her. There's NO way I could have waited until I was 25+ I would have gone crazy! I have always been an extremely clucky person tho wub

First we had Each Other, Then we had You, Now we have Everything

Sign in to follow this topic