Huggies Forum

Jolly Jumper Lock Rss

So we purchased a Jolly Jumper over the weekend & it's honestly the best $50 I've ever spent. DD is 6 months old & i'm not sure why I didn't invest in one sooner.... she is loving it!

Having the time of her life.. whilst I do more housework & relax then i've done!! Took her a bit to figure it out whilst I sat on the hallway floor laughing my head off! Seriously.. If you don't have one you should get one haha!!

Silly pointless post I know but this thing is so awesome!! Not to mention the fact that she is finally feeding more & sleeping better... Cheeky lil thing has even learnt to try & kick the cat as he walks past haha!!

I know what i'll be buying for friends baby showers from now on!!!
Our first daughter never liked it much.

Our second daughter decided at 11 months that she likes it now hahaha

They're great!!!

So we purchased a Jolly Jumper over the weekend & it's honestly the best $50 I've ever spent. DD is 6 months old & i'm not sure why I didn't invest in one sooner.... she is loving it!

Having the time of her life.. whilst I do more housework & relax then i've done!! Took her a bit to figure it out whilst I sat on the hallway floor laughing my head off! Seriously.. If you don't have one you should get one haha!!

Silly pointless post I know but this thing is so awesome!! Not to mention the fact that she is finally feeding more & sleeping better... Cheeky lil thing has even learnt to try & kick the cat as he walks past haha!!

My son was nuts for his.. He'd fall asleep in it... His little toes bouncing his gently off to sleep.. Little sis/bro is going to get it next... I swear it was the best gift we ever got!
My dd loved it but she grew out of it too quickly! laugh
Little master loved his but only for 10-20 minutes at a time then he had enough. Really hoping that little man likes it too when he old enough.

I agree! Whoever invented the Jolly Jumper needs a medal!! A BIG one!! grin

Both my kids LOVED the Jolly Jumper, it was a lifesaver sometimes too! And it also meant that DH and I could eat our tea in peace together when DD was little. We would eat tea at the table and watch her twirl around and bounce in the Jolly Jumper.

It was also a godsend when DS was little as I could put him in it and then play games with DD on the floor next to where he was jumping away! smile

BEST baby product EVER!! grin

Little master loved his but only for 10-20 minutes at a time then he had enough. Really hoping that little man likes it too when he old enough

That's about the max time they should be in them anyway smile JJs are similar to some baby carriers in that their weight is supported by the pelvis and can lead to problems with their development.

My son was nuts for his.. He'd fall asleep in it... His little toes bouncing his gently off to sleep.. Little sis/bro is going to get it next... I swear it was the best gift we ever got!

I don't think this is a very good idea also not to mention that your wee baby has spent so much time in it he fell asleep. Makes me wonder why you left him in so long.

Jolly jumpers put a huge impact on babies feet and hips and spine, also putting them into an unnatural postition, if using them 10minutes max should be the amount of time spent.

Hi do a little research on free movement or pikler for babies, I would cry at the waste of money if someone brought this for my babies.
Our DD loved her jolly jumper. I used to put her in it while i had a shower as we only had door frames on the bathroom and bedrooms at one end of the house. It was a nice peacful well full of laughter shower.

Hi do a little research on free movement or pikler for babies, I would cry at the waste of money if someone brought this for my babies.

Each to their own. I would have been tearing my hair out without our JJ sometimes. DS was a reflux baby and just wanted to be upright ALL the time. It was a god send to be able to give him that just for a little while so I could focus on my 2 year old DD at the time.

If they are SO bad for babies, then why would they be available to buy in the shops??

It was a "silly post" as the OP put it. So try and keep it light hearted and not turn it into a post that makes parents feel bad for putting their children in a JJ. smile Just sayin'. wink

If they are SO bad for babies, then why would they be available to buy in the shops??

Seriously? You don't really believe that only quality, healthy products are made available?

It was a "silly post" as the OP put it. So try and keep it light hearted and not turn it into a post that makes parents feel bad for putting their children in a JJ. smile Just sayin'. wink

No one is "making" anyone feel bad, just sharing the knowledge smile I used a JJ and a baby bjorn for a bit with ds1, when I found out how bad both those products were I got rid of them. I didn't feel bad because someone told me about them, only that I wasn't aware of it sooner before I used them wink
Sign in to follow this topic