Huggies Forum

Do you take vitamins? Lock Rss

DH has recently changed his diet to a paleo style (high animal fat, no grains and no sugar). He lost 10kg in 3 weeks after only going to the gym 4 times in that period.

We have been thinking for a number of years that maybe we should take some multivitamins but haven't really thought/looked too much into them until now.

What do you take and is there any reason? Good brands??
I have always taken a multi, usually Berocca because its so easy to remember to take, I would just have a glass of it instead of juice with breakfast.

I am currently on a really strict diet with low carb, low fat, etc etc. So I take a Multi (have found Aldi has a good one), and a Flaxseed oil (for Omega 3's), and Chromium if I have sugar cravings (usually for about 1 week a month lol)
Hi!
I used to work for the vitamin company Herbs of Gold and know alot about their quality ingredients so I use them. (Health Food store only brand)
I take their multi, Concentrated fish oil.
Then there are these 2 powders that I alternate taking each day. They are both by Greenfields Australia. One is called Grains & Greens and the other is SuperGreens. I just put a teaspoon in yoghurt and they have all those spirulina, barley, etc, goodies in them.
At the moment I'm taking olive leaf extract. It's supposed to be brilliant at warding off colds and flus. With the kids and hubby sick with the flu at the moment I'm dosing up on this wink

I have always taken a multi, usually Berocca because its so easy to remember to take, I would just have a glass of it instead of juice with breakfast.

I am currently on a really strict diet with low carb, low fat, etc etc. So I take a Multi (have found Aldi has a good one), and a Flaxseed oil (for Omega 3's), and Chromium if I have sugar cravings (usually for about 1 week a month lol)

If you don't mind me butting in, what is Chromium and what does it do and where do you get it from? One of biggest problems is craving sugar..
I take Bio Ceuticals Womanes essentials ...I choose this one cause I have hemochromtosis (balh .....to much iron in my blood !! ...can never spell it !! lol lol ) and these are the only ones that have a high dosage of everything else but no iron smile ....no 3:30itis and I dont feel tired smile ...never miss one

Chromium is a mineral supplement, it is usually in multivitamins in small doses. It is available separate in Natures Own brand. The description says:

"Helps blood sugar metabolism"
- Chromium Picolinate influences carbohydrate, lipid and protein metabolism. It assists in the management of fluctuating blood sugar levels in healthy people. A higher dietary intake of refined carbohydrates needs more chromium.

It does help balance the sugar cravings caused by fluctuating blood sugar, it was also recommended by the consultants who help with my diet.

At the moment I'm taking olive leaf extract. It's supposed to be brilliant at warding off colds and flus. With the kids and hubby sick with the flu at the moment I'm dosing up on this wink

We all take Olive Leaf Extract in or house as well. And I must admit, although the kids have had colds this year, they haven't been as severe as they were last year. A bit of a sniffle, maybe one night of coughing on and off and then they are right as rain again! So I would recommend it for sure!

I haven't been sick once this year at all! grin And DH has only had one cold, but that was before we started taking OL extract.

The kids also have a Multi-Vitamin in the morning. They are the Herron brand and come in a pink container. I am not sure that they actually do a lot, but they seem to like taking them and I figure it can't hurt anyway! smile

at the moment i'm taking Swisse Womens Multi Vitamins, Hair, Skin & Nails Vitamins and Glucosamine Tablets (I have bad joints from dancing/netball when younger). I take them just to keep myself feeling healthy. I never used to take them until i started to feel really run down all the time. Now i feel great. smile Personally, i prefer the brand Swisse.
<3
Sign in to follow this topic