Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

3 to 4 babies Lock Rss

ok ladies I have 3 boys aged 5, 3 and nearly 1.
Life is just getting back to a new version of normal and I have found number 3 quite a challenge. I am a stay at home mum that does work from home. I love being a mum, which has surprised me as I was the career gal.
Here is my dilema, my husband really wants 1 more baby, not to get a girl, he has always wanted us to have four children. I feel like I am denying him something he wants but I think of another baby and the thoughts are nervous to say the least. My reasons are somewhat selfish but I don't love being pregnant, I love running and boxing and being really active with my children and I find it hard to do those things when pregnant-I get very tired and nausea. I am also 37 this year. My family support is minimal and my husband works hard-long hours.
I wonder how I would have time to give quality time to each child??
How do you get a babysitter for 4 children???
And the thought of another c-section is not appealing to say the least!
I think that work from home would even have to stop...
So I am hoping some mothers of 4 could tell me about their experiences ......is it that much harder to have one more????
Thanks in advance...
hi there!
I dont have 4 kids but i have 2 but am currently pregnant with my third which will make 3 boys for us, i think the same because hubby is dropping the 'another baby' line in conversations already and we havnt had the 3rd one yet! Im writing though because I have been told by a lady with 5 kids that is alot easier having your 3rd, 4th so on then what it is to have your 2nd. Because apparently the elder kids make for great help! Although i imagine you will still be busy busy busy! Good luck with everything!
Hi! I think we have the same lives!!!!

I also have 3 sons - age 5, 3 and just 2!We also have minimal support, with family interstate and hubby works 12 hours minimum days (sometimes 16 hours!). But I am the one (not hubby) with the desire for one more. I , however, had 3 easy pregnancies and LOVED it.I had 3 c-sections too. Hubby feels we have the right size house, car and we are finally beginning to get sleep/ a bit of social life back. He also wants to take more vacations and doesn't see how with four! With our oldest starting school next year and our middle son going to kindy, he doesnt understand why I dont want a break and time to myself with just one at home full time (easy compared to what I am used to!). I too, would love to hear feedback from other mums with four and hear the reality. Although I really do feel I want another. We recently had an unplanned pregnancy/miscarriage and since then the desire for one more has been massive for me!

Hi! I think we have the same lives!!!!

I also have 3 sons - age 5, 3 and just 2!We also have minimal support, with family interstate and hubby works 12 hours minimum days (sometimes 16 hours!). But I am the one (not hubby) with the desire for one more. I , however, had 3 easy pregnancies and LOVED it.I had 3 c-sections too. Hubby feels we have the right size house, car and we are finally beginning to get sleep/ a bit of social life back. He also wants to take more vacations and doesn't see how with four! With our oldest starting school next year and our middle son going to kindy, he doesnt understand why I dont want a break and time to myself with just one at home full time (easy compared to what I am used to!). I too, would love to hear feedback from other mums with four and hear the reality. Although I really do feel I want another. We recently had an unplanned pregnancy/miscarriage and since then the desire for one more has been massive for me!

Sorry for your loss, that must be hard.
I love being busy but just wonder if you become too busy to be a good mum...if you know what I mean?
And I held a new born today and just loved it -opps maybe just stay away from new babies is the answer LOL!

hi there!
I dont have 4 kids but i have 2 but am currently pregnant with my third which will make 3 boys for us, i think the same because hubby is dropping the 'another baby' line in conversations already and we havnt had the 3rd one yet! Im writing though because I have been told by a lady with 5 kids that is alot easier having your 3rd, 4th so on then what it is to have your 2nd. Because apparently the elder kids make for great help! Although i imagine you will still be busy busy busy! Good luck with everything!

good luck on no 3..you are so right busy, busy, busy!
I know exactly what you mean and I do actually think about giving each child enough time alot too.

For example, my youngest has not had any swimming lessons yet and if my time was more ample next year I could do this with him. Also I am helping my older two children learn to read/numbers etc and I already find it challenging to find one on one time. I also just want to play and help out at kindy duty/school reading next year. All of these things can be so tricky when you have other little ones with you all the time - not to mention maybe a social life for me again(not that i would prob know what to do anymore!!!) Sometimes I get a bit jealous of friends who have access to babysitters/husbands who work "normal" hours, but then I am really lucky that I have so many other positives in my life! Good luck in your decision!!!
Hi! I have four kids, in a few months they will be ages 8, 6, 4, and nearly 2. I too have a friend with a lot of kids - 8 - and she told me that after her third she barely even noticed having an extra one, which I found hard to believe! I found it easy to go from one to two, and a bit of a challenge to go from two to three, but when I went from three to four it was not easy at all - not that I actually had expected it to be! I never got any sleep as my DD3 was still waking at night, and the new baby would never sleep, so I always had one of them awake and thus couldn't go to bed! Additionally, I started back at uni when the baby was a few months old, and a few weeks later my brother died - it was a crazy year! My kids are all very full on, my oldest two do netball skills and they all do swimming lessons, but things are only now just starting to get easier! I am now finding it fairly possible to go grocery shopping with them all, and to manage my time. I help them with their homework most nights, and I still have time for one on one time with them - I just have to move quickly! Anyway, it certainly wasn't easy for me, but it is now working out! That said, I don't think having kids is meant to be easy, and you do get better at managing things the more you have - well, that's my experience, anyway!
Kerrie

kerrie, VIC, DD 12/8/03, DD 12/10/05, DD 14/9/07, DD 4/1/10

i have just had my 4th she is now 11 weeks old, for me my life hasn't really changed that much, life was busy with 3 & is still busy with 4.
my kids are nearly 7(boy), 5(boy), 3(girl) & 11 weeks(girl) so we have 1 at school, 1 at pre school 3 days a week, 1 at pre school 1 day a week, dancing, footy training, parkour, swimming lessons etc etc & we are self employed, my office is at home, but i love being a SAHM to my 4 kiddies, good luck with your decision

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b1.lilypie.com

Thanks ladies for your lovely responses...I have decided not to decide!

I really want to give it careful consideration and I think I need to think about it a good deal more. It really is the logistics that freak me out a bit...all those little people having different needs, physically and emotionally, my third hasn't got to swimming yet, the older two were there at 6 months but we are slowly getting there and that makes me think that with 4 you would eventually get some sense of normality. I change my mind all the time...hehehehe I think I need to get one of my friends with a newborn to call everytime the baby wakes at night for a feed...that would sort out what I really want quickly!

i have just had my 4th she is now 11 weeks old, for me my life hasn't really changed that much, life was busy with 3 & is still busy with 4.
my kids are nearly 7(boy), 5(boy), 3(girl) & 11 weeks(girl) so we have 1 at school, 1 at pre school 3 days a week, 1 at pre school 1 day a week, dancing, footy training, parkour, swimming lessons etc etc & we are self employed, my office is at home, but i love being a SAHM to my 4 kiddies, good luck with your decision

Congratulations on your new addition...sounds like you are super busy but happy! How do you get time to work???
Sign in to follow this topic