Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. This is exactly why i dont come on here anymore!

This is exactly why i dont come on here anymore! Lock Rss

Ive always liked huggies found it very helpful but ive just had enough of people telling everyone what they can and cant do.
If someone wants to feed THERE baby at an early age well let them, their the ones who will have to deal with consequences(if there is any).

So studies say this studies say that, as far as im concerned most studies are crap. All these 'know it all' people who probebly dont even have kids of their own.

Anyway thats my vent, and saying goodbye to huggies.

Happy parenting everyone hope you all have a great life smile
Im not sure which thread your talking about, but I do think that if something effects you bad enough on an internet forum then you have made the right chice to leave.

Hopefully though we will see you back in the land off huggs one day soon.

If someone wants to feed THERE baby at an early age well let them, their the ones who will have to deal with consequences(if there is any).

So studies say this studies say that, as far as im concerned most studies are crap. All these 'know it all' people who probebly dont even have kids of their own.

Actually it is the child that has to deal with the consequences.

As for the studies, yes some are crap but many are not, ignoring professional advice because you 'think you know better' is ignorant.

I agree with both sides.

What i don't get is if you know people are going to comment and say things you don't want them to say about your situation, then why do they put them on here?

I recently just left a mothers group because it went sour due to different opinions and a couple of ladies actually bullying one lady. There are general guideline to parenting, what is right and wrong, based on an average.They are there for a reason. So why announce that you don't follow those guide lines?
To me that is just yelling out "fight fight fight!"

Why not stick to the guide lines anyway? Especially if your risking the health of your baby

Ive always liked huggies found it very helpful but ive just had enough of people telling everyone what they can and cant do.

I think what you dont like is that others have a different opinion, no one tells anyone what they can and cant do - as if you can do that on a forum and as if people are going to do it because some random told them to. People respond to posts offering their opinion and their advice, if you dont like it, dont follow it.

Being a mother doesnt mean you know everything, I actually respect and appreciate the latest medical and nutritional research.

Anyway... hoo roo.

If someone's going to start solids early where do you draw the line? Do you start at 3 months? 2 months? or 1 month? If a child requires 180mls of formula every hour for 4 hours each night a good doctor should realise something's going wrong and examine the child properly and not simply tell the mother to start the baby on solids at 3 months even though it goes against all recommendations. This is a public forum. People are entitled to have an opinion - especially when they don't agree with something and there is strong evidence to support their views. No one’s forcing you to be on here nor to read people's comments.

I for example don't agree with people starting separate threads to have a go at someone because they don't agree with their views.
Hense why i said "based on an average"

Like my mother always tells me "parenting is an opinion", However...if there are medical reasons as to why you shouldn't do something at a certain age, then come onto a forum and tell people you have done different, what do you expect? Of course you are bound to get eaten alive because it is "not the norm"..

Just doesn't make sense to me why you would put yourself in that position. If you think what you are doing is right by your child, then good on you! Stand by your decision. But don't expect people to just sit on a forum and not say anything.

Opinions are what makes a forum. And it wasn't a question that was asked, a statement was made. You have to accept that you WILL get both sides of opinions if you make a statement on here.

Pretty much.

I guess people seek to validate their own opinion.. and in getting mixed responses, they get defensive. Hence, the fighting starts.

I don't understand asking a bunch of strangers for opinions, but that's just me.

I certainly wouldn't ask for advice here anymore.. anyone can pretend that they're perfect from behind a computer screen.

And I think that happens a fair bit around here...lol
Id rather look like a know it all and inform someone of the consequences than let them go thinking there are none. That way they can make informed decisions.
Why make a post if you don't want others opinions? I hope you have never voiced your opinion in someone else's thread.........

Goodbye!

I'm sorry to see you go lovekaleb&koby. I understand what you are trying to say. I do agree, that whilst a forum is a place to give and share opinions, it is really frustrating when people start sprouting opinions when that are not what the OP was after. Sometimes people just come on to share a bit of news or ask a specific question and all they get back is a torrent of mostly unrelated, unasked for and unhelpful advice. Unfortunately this does not only happen on forums- it happens everywhere. Everyone is an 'expert' when it comes to parenting. Best to do what you believe it right and to make informed choices about how best to bring up your baby. If still in doubt, ask the professionals. I, personally, enjoy what I read on Huggies mostly. It's entertaining if nothing else. I very rarely post but wanted to say goodluck bringing up your beautiful boys xxxx

some studies probably are and then some aren't. Some people are idiots, others might actually know something worth listening to, some medical professionals wouldn't have a clue about the advice they're giving out and others go above and beyond to help. Having kids doesn't necessarily mean you know anything either. You'll get it where ever you are so good luck avoiding advice for the rest of your life.
Sign in to follow this topic