Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

when did you leave home?? Lock Rss

hey
just another random question from me wondering whats averageish lol
what age did you leave home? where did you go? smile
did it work out? did you ever move home again?
i left home when i was 14 and moved in with my dad then 6 months later i left his place and moved in with my boyfriend i'm still with him now smile

thanks for answering obviously you dont have to share with every one if dont want to smile
Im 23 married pregs and still living at mum and dads lol but we have been looking for a rental for about a year just got one moving into it in about 2-3 weeks we were going to buy but we cant afford it now!
Hubby moved in at 20(my 18) so 5 years ago
I moved out when I was 20 into a house with my bestfriend - I only had a casual job as a waitress, and once winter came around work dropped and money was VERY tight, but I somehow got through that & was never tempted to move back home, I then found a second job and then things were great.
Lived there for 13mths, then moved into a little unit with my boyfriend of 6mths, who now is my husband. grin
I originally left home at 24, I was planning to travel overseas so stayed at home for as long as possible to be able save! Plus we have quite a big house so there was plenty of space.

But I am back living with my mum now, I am a single parent and it made sense both financially and also to be able to have the extra help. But again, we have lots of space which makes it easier, my DD and I have a whole floor of the house to ourselves.
I was 26, DH was 25 and we both moved out of home for the 1st time on our wedding night. We went on our honeymoon the night of the wedding and returned home to our newly rented unit together. We'd had it about 2 months or so before the wedding and had been setting it up so it was ready to move into.

I was 26, DH was 25 and we both moved out of home for the 1st time on our wedding night. We went on our honeymoon the night of the wedding and returned home to our newly rented unit together. We'd had it about 2 months or so before the wedding and had been setting it up so it was ready to move into.

Naww, that's so sweet - the real traditional way of doing things. smile
Mum and dad have some quite old fashioned ideas and to be honest it didn't bother me waiting to move out (mum and dad made it easy to want to stay). It bothered DH a bit, but his home life wasn't quite as happy as mine.
Mum kicked me out when I was 16 because her bf at the time hated me and wanted my room for his kids, I had a job thankfully, since WINZ wouldn't give me any help. Hard work juggling school and work though, I moved away from my home twon at 17 and went to uni early. It was better for me in the end, but Mum and I aren't exactly close because of it.

hey
just another random question from me wondering whats averageish lol
what age did you leave home? where did you go? smile
did it work out? did you ever move home again?
i left home when i was 14 and moved in with my dad then 6 months later i left his place and moved in with my boyfriend i'm still with him now smile

thanks for answering obviously you dont have to share with every one if dont want to smile

hi

I was 17 (just finished yr12 exams) and moved in with my bf. Lasted around 1.5yrs and ended when my father dragged me out because he had realised my bf was isolating me from my friends and family, verbally abusing me regularily and basically just trying to own me. Needless to say it didn't end well but it was an eye opening experience. I moved out again around 6mths later and haven't been back since.

Being a strong minded, independant, assertive and generally confident person it's hard to believe I got sucked in so bad. But it's also the reason I found it hard to live with my parents.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

18. moved in with my (now) dhs parents for 6 weeks until we found a house with the 2 people we were going to be sharing with. Moved out on good terms with my parents. I had been planning on moving out anyway and dhs parents said I could stay there as they had lots of room and my parents had a full house! rented a house for 2 years then bought our own house as I hated paying rent!
I'm 26 and I've never moved out of home. My Mum moved out on me! grin
DP moved in with me while she and her partner went OS on holiday (Mum suggested he move in for a few reasons), when they came back they bought a house and about four months later moved out. We were lucky that the owners didn't mind us taking over the lease.

I moved in with my BF when I was 16. Looking back there is alot that I would change, like wanting to grow up so fast etc. but then as they say if anything changed I wouldnt be where I am now!
Sign in to follow this topic