Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Hit me with you toothache home remidies

Hit me with you toothache home remidies Lock Rss

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I need some home remidies for my toothache, well its more that my wisdom tooth is coming though and its hurting the bottom left side of my jaw and my left ear.
Anyone got any ideas?

I feel for anyones poor babies that are teething at the moment.

Thanks
If u have any cloves in ur pantry with all ur herbs if u chomp down on a clove it helps to numb it ! u can apparently get clove oil to rub on ur gums for tooth aches also, i use to think that it was an old wives tale that grandma told me but it actually works.
If it is only partially erupted it is more then likely sore because food is stuck around the tooth under the gum. Get your toothbrush and give it a good clean, its going to hurt but it will help it get better and dislodge anything that is causing the inflammation.

Also get some mouthwash, preferably Savacol because its anti-septic and give it a vigorous rinse after every meal and dont eat or drink for 30 mins after but only use Savacol for a week - no longer. If you cant get Savacol you can use Listerine. If you dont already have mouthwash at home you can use warm water with a bit of salt dissolved in it.

Ultimately though go to your dentist and get it checked. If it starts to decay it can cause further problems if it needs to be removed and also has the potential to affect the tooth next to it.

Good luck, hope the pain doesnt last long.
Thankyou so much ladies.
I have been laying here with an ice pack on my face and it feels much better.
Going to get hubby to pop into the chemist on his way home from work and get some clove oil.
Really hoping it feels better in the morning and its only hurting cause its moving around.
Any way I am off to give it a good scrub and find the mouth wash
You poor thing i really feel for you, have you tried feenel tea for the pain? This remidy was pass down to me from my grandmother and i have means tested it on all family members including myself and hubby and found it to work but having said that cant gaurentee it will work for you but its worth giving a go!!All you need is the feenel seeds that you purchase from the herb section in any major supermarket, add a good 2 tablespoons of the feenel seeds to a decent sized coffee mug add hot not quite boiling water, small amount of sugar(optional),then drink when lukewarm before bed or can be made in larger amounts and cooled in the fridge to drink the next day. The feenel seeds are edible straight from the jar for an instant effect if the pain is rather unbearable, the seeds have an aniseed taste to them and numbing effect that will numb the whole of the mouth for instant relief in most people hope this helps
swish vodka over the sore area. worked for me, clove oilworked really well for me for 2 days then i moved onto vodka, lol.
Yep we even have clove oil in the A&E dept at work for toothaches. Works well.

Unfortunately the only cure for you is to have that tooth out - I had mine out a couple years ago, then got septicemia. smile They grow in the wrong direction then push on all your other teeth which is why you get such widespread pain in the jaw. not fun.

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I need some home remidies for my toothache, well its more that my wisdom tooth is coming though and its hurting the bottom left side of my jaw and my left ear.
Anyone got any ideas?

I feel for anyones poor babies that are teething at the moment.

Thanks

I'd book a dentist appointment asap, with that much pain and you feeling it in your ear as well it may well be that you have an abcess on your tooth and its infected - which needs antibiotics. Whenever you have pain you have to see a dentist to get it properly assessed, you never can be sure otherwise and if you leave it infection can spread and affect your other teeth - my MIL lost all her top teeth at age 28 due to an infection that spread, if she left it any longer it could have spread to her brain - and that is serious! Sounds dramatic but it can happen, get it checked!
Sign in to follow this topic