Huggies Forum

just got an electric shock Lock Rss

As the title says, just got an electric shock, what do I do? My hands are tingley, my ears feeling they are burning, a bit dizzy and headache. Stupid f*cking glue gun sad
Hi,

I've had a couple of shocks before- from appliances and once fron a wet power point blink I've never done anything afterwards, as apart from feeling what you're describing, I've been fine. Obviously, if you felt really unwell, I'd go and get checked out. I'm assuming you're not pregnant? If I was pregnant I'd probably get checked out, too.

It's the nastiest feeling, isn't it? Take it easy for a bit and see how you feel. Oh, and it might be time for a new glue gun wink

Hope you feel better soon smile

As the title says, just got an electric shock, what do I do? My hands are tingley, my ears feeling they are burning, a bit dizzy and headache. Stupid f*cking glue gun sad

Oh no that's horrible maybe ring your out patients and tell them what happened and see if they want you to come in for a check up I know a very severe shock can stop your heart but I think you have to like faint for that to happen.
Hope your ok

Oh no that's horrible maybe ring your out patients and tell them what happened and see if they want you to come in for a check up I know a very severe shock can stop your heart but I think you have to like faint for that to happen.
Hope your ok

That's a good idea smile

That's a good idea smile

I dont think I got knockedo out or anything. Hubby is more worried about getting the power working and seeing if i blew up the tv lol.

My arm is a bit tight and stuff, I'll see how I go after the biggest are finished at the kindy fathers day thing.
Ring up Health Direct 1800 022 222
Thanks guys,

My whole arm is still aching, but the tingling has stopped. Sorry about the quick reply before, was rushing to get out the door for the kindy fathers day night.

Not pregnant, and think I'll be ok smile Was just in shock a bit I think!

Thanks guys,

My whole arm is still aching, but the tingling has stopped. Sorry about the quick reply before, was rushing to get out the door for the kindy fathers day night.

Not pregnant, and think I'll be ok smile Was just in shock a bit I think!

Electric shock can effect your heart up for quite afew hours after the initial shock I think its up to 24 or 48 hours and it can interrupt your hearts natural rhythm. If I were you I would get checked over by the Dr...it certainly cant hurt. If nothing else give the healthline a ring and get a professional opinion.

Sign in to follow this topic