Huggies Forum

ebook readers,kindles Lock Rss

Hi,
Im thinking about buying a kindle or ebook reader,just after opinions on them, is there any big advantage having a 3g+wifi over just wifi- can you view web pages at all? Im a complete novice if you cant tell- I still read actual books!
Thanks all smile

Hi,
Im thinking about buying a kindle or ebook reader,just after opinions on them, is there any big advantage having a 3g+wifi over just wifi- can you view web pages at all? Im a complete novice if you cant tell- I still read actual books!
Thanks all smile

I have kindle and it is great. just have the wifi version. it is not designed for web browering so it does have problem opening pages but can do some depends on content.

everyone I know that has got a kindle has been very happy with it.
I have a Kindle DX and I love it! Mine has 3G and wifi, although to be honest I haven't actually turned the wifi on unsure because everytime I want to download something 3G is active... And I haven't tried to open a webpage, got my iPhone for that.

I was amazed at how much the screen looks like paper - it's not lit up like a normal screen and you need light on it to read it properly. I bought a leather case and clip-on light on eBay for $10 and $5 - saved about $80 compared to the Amazon store so check it out if you're looking for accessories.

The best thing is being able to access a whole library without leaving my feeding chair.

Love it!
I have an iPod touch and I read ebooks using iBooks and Kindle - I downloaded the apps so I can read the books - and it is wonderful! I LOVE it!

kerrie, VIC, DD 12/8/03, DD 12/10/05, DD 14/9/07, DD 4/1/10

I have only just recently seen Kindles at Big W, and they look quite a bit bigger than my iPod, but I am used to reading on the iPod now and I love it's portability! Never will I be stuck anywhere being bored without a book again! he he! I downloaded Kindle because there are some ebooks available from Amazon that aren't available through iBooks!

kerrie, VIC, DD 12/8/03, DD 12/10/05, DD 14/9/07, DD 4/1/10

I have a Sony e-reader that I got from Angus and Robertson. I love it...it had really got me interested in reading again.

I buy my books from the A&R online store and have found that a lot of them are so much cheaper. I believe that I can download them from other sites also, but have never really looked into it properly.

My screen is really easy to read also...whether the sunlight is on it or not. I got a cover for it also that has a light built in, which is good for in bed at night.

HTH

DSS 13yr, DS1 4yr, DS2 3yr

Forgot to add that mine doesn't have any WiFi or 3g capabilities, but that doesn't bother me, cos I just load a heap of books on at once that will get me through for a while. I did consider getting an ipad instead, but it was too big for me, and all I really wanted it for was for reading so this suits me just fine.

DSS 13yr, DS1 4yr, DS2 3yr

Sign in to follow this topic