Huggies Forum

How do you know when to stop Lock Rss

Did you get that feeling that you were finished having babies? I have just had my third and during the pregnancy swore it was my last. But now he is here I couldn't imagine not having another baby! I loved my first two pregnancies, the third one wasn't nice. I just love having babies. So how will I know when enough is enough? Will I get that feeling or will I just have to try and fight the urge??? smile
Your head will probably end up ruling your heart. It has for me. I could happily have a half dozen more children but my age and circumstances have contributed to our decision that there will be no more. That said, there is always room for a surprise baby or two. I have never heard of anyone regretting the children they have, only the ones they don't:)
When you find out let me know wink
When I was pregnant with DS I adamantly said thats it no more but as soon as he came out and I was in recovery I said to DH so when can we have another one, the look he gave me was priceless. I am hoping that when I eventually have a 3rd that the urge will leave me or I think DH might. Now just to convince him to have no.3 smile

Did you get that feeling that you were finished having babies? I have just had my third and during the pregnancy swore it was my last. But now he is here I couldn't imagine not having another baby! I loved my first two pregnancies, the third one wasn't nice. I just love having babies. So how will I know when enough is enough? Will I get that feeling or will I just have to try and fight the urge??? smile

when the docs took my uterus out lol. my choice was made for me!

Your head will probably end up ruling your heart. It has for me. I could happily have a half dozen more children but my age and circumstances have contributed to our decision that there will be no more. That said, there is always room for a surprise baby or two. I have never heard of anyone regretting the children they have, only the ones they don't:)

I agree with Iziani your head eventually must kick in! I have 3 DDs and I would love another but our finances wont alllow it! And my hubby keeps telling me no more babies! I also swore no more after DD3 but like you I could not imagine not having another!

i definatly have enough love for more, but.... my patience is running very thin! honestly though....we are just getting to an age with the twins that their little personalities are coming out.... i love it, but my god kids are really hard work. No more for me.
Great question. My third is 7 months and we didn't think we could have anymore after #1. I could go again, just not quite yet. DH is leaning towards no. Thing is, I'm just loving how lovely #3 is and the thought of her being my last is HORRIBLE even though I'm probably getting too old, and too poor for any more. I'm also aware that I could be pushing my luck asking for another healthy bubbby. Such a hard thing to definately rule it out.
I totally agree with the head over heart thing!

I would love to have another baby, if money and my stress levels weren't such an issue (I love my kids to death, but I'm not sure how I'd cope with a 4th).
Arghhh this is scaring me alot this thread! Reason being after DS I was sure I didn't want another, I was happy for him to be an only child...changed my tune didn't I? What if I do the same thing after this one comes? It's like a constant debate in my head, well it was before we concieved no.2 and I don't want to get there again if I can help it! laugh

DS - Nov 2008 & DD - Feb 2012

my husband would make the decision for me LOL otherwise idbe one of those super mums with 10+ kids
I happy with 2 but hubby said he wants to try 1 more time for a baby girl, so i'm happy to try again. I 've told him that it.
If you feel complete and don't need to have anymore than that it but if you have that little feeling that you love to have another one than go for it.

my husband would make the decision for me LOL otherwise idbe one of those super mums with 10+ kids

this is me too lol

Sign in to follow this topic