Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

when dd meets her sibling Lock Rss

I think you are well within your rights to ask them to wait a while. Its going to be a big change for your daughter.

I hadn't given it much thought until i saw this topic, depending on when bub is born, i'll either have DH bring her in or my parents and ask them to give us a while to introduce DD to her new brother or sister.

To be honest, i don't care if they get offended, DD's feelings and needs come first!
Thanks for all the advice. I guess I'm just very aware that my mum seems to think that she has more rights than your average person. She'll probably be offended but it might lessen the blow if dh picks her up and asks them to wait for an hour rather than rushing up to the hospital and then not being allowed in.

I realise that dd may not be interested for very long. but she will actually be 5 and very aware of what's going on. I want to make sure she knows its about her too instead of her being pushed to the side with all the attention being given to the baby. That hour will be about her being a big sister and that its her baby too, and that she gets to show others her new baby sister/brother.

Sign in to follow this topic