Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

OK- here goes.... Lock Rss

This isn't a dig at anyone in particular and I have started a new topic so as not to single anyone out. I am also not being snobby and expecting perfect grammar and spelling on a forum. I couldn't give a rat's about that and I know my own posts are far from perfect. That said, I have noticed quite a few posts lately that are really hard to read.

Those posts tend not to have any punctuation or paragraphs and have the tense mixed up so it is a jumble of words. Some also have more than a few long words used completely out context. This makes some of them so hard to read that I give up and move on. If someone can't be bothered to make sense I can't be bothered to read it.

I think iPhones are part of the problem but I also think some people get lazy and don't bother to check if their post makes sense. Its a shame because those posts usually get less responses.

This isn't a dig at anyone in particular and I have started a new topic so as not to single anyone out. I am also not being snobby and expecting perfect grammar and spelling on a forum. I couldn't give a rat's about that and I know my own posts are far from perfect. That said, I have noticed quite a few posts lately that are really hard to read.

Those posts tend not to have any punctuation or paragraphs and have the tense mixed up so it is a jumble of words. Some also have more than a few long words used completely out context. This makes some of them so hard to read that I give up and move on. If someone can't be bothered to make sense I can't be bothered to read it.

I think iPhones are part of the problem but I also think some people get lazy and don't bother to check if their post makes sense. Its a shame because those posts usually get less responses.

not sure what you hope to gain by this post but did you stop to think that some people maybe don't have your high intellect, or skills in writting/grammar or have dislexia or some other problem? do you think that they will feel good reading this?

i think you need to just get over it and as you said if it annoys you so much don't read it.

i'm sure my response will disgust you some what cause i'm sure i left a comma out somewhere or misspelt something...

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

I think that some people type in the same fashion in which they speak, resulting in posts that contain some 'interesting' language and sentence structure. It makes me cringe a little too, not because I think that the persons contribution is not worthy but more because I spend all day at school correcting kids that make the same mistakes.
My written articulation is far from brilliant so I understand that it is not something that is easy for some people.

I don't think that your thread will make anyone's posts any clearer in the future but it could get interesting tongue

not sure what you hope to gain by this post but did you stop to think that some people maybe don't have your high intellect, or skills in writting/grammar or have dislexia or some other problem? do you think that they will feel good reading this?

i think you need to just get over it and as you said if it annoys you so much don't read it.

i'm sure my response will disgust you some what cause i'm sure i left a comma out somewhere or misspelt something...

Not at all. Like I said I don't care about perfect spelling or grammar. I tried to make that clear but obviously not clear enough. What I hoped to gain is that people could give their posts a quick check so that what they are trying to say isn't lost on others. Some people may not go back and read their own posts so they don't realise sometimes they don't make sense.
I agree with a pp; this post was uncalled for. You're going to make people feel horrible about something they might not be comfortable with to begin with.

Sometimes things are written in a hurry and they just need to get their feelings out. Sometimes this results in a post not making complete sense. If you can't be bothered replying...don't. It's pretty simple, really.

BTW I totally understand that you're frustrated, and that you dont want to be seen as snobby but i couldn't help but read this without thinking you were being so, just a little. ANNND i was extra careful to write with proper grammar lol If there are mistakes, i apologise.
OR..... MAYBE.... Those people have other things happening in their lives and are choosing not to put Huggies first!

Like... kids... animals... partners/husbands/wifes... phone calls... or they are on a iphone/smartphone... or they just CANNOT BE BOTHERED!

Thinks outside your small little world!

Moo- I don't cringe but I do get frustrated.
Unique- I know it can be hard for some people. My DH struggles to write. I understand your post and that's all that is needed. No one cares less if it isn't perfect. I just think it is a shame when posts get overlooked because the are hard to understand- particularly when people are asking for help.

OR..... MAYBE.... Those people have other things happening in their lives and are choosing not to put Huggies first!

Like... kids... animals... partners/husbands/wifes... phone calls... or they are on a iphone/smartphone... or they just CANNOT BE BOTHERED!

Thinks outside your small little world!

i know what a silly, insignificant thing to whinge about! and i highly doubt that because of this post that it will make people change. they might to reply to this post and then go back to how they usually post.

pointless i say!

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

i know what a silly, insignificant thing to whinge about! and i highly doubt that because of this post that it will make people change. they might to reply to this post and then go back to how they usually post.

pointless i say!

So true!

Sorry, but tbh - don't really see your point, I think you really need to just get over it.
Hey I posted this with good intent after reading someone's post and not wanting to make them feel bad by directing it at them. I should have known it would raise hackles so point taken.
I still don't know why you'd say something at all??? dude. who cares.
Sign in to follow this topic