Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

VENT Lock Rss

best of luck with this..

do you have a tenancy agreement or just a verbal agreement?

not sure dp had it all arranged at the time we were living in separate houses

Did u keep a receipt?? and is it written on the lease agreement?? it seems odd that she could demand money if she isnt entitled to it..
from my calculations

9 times 160 = 1440

which leaves $60, which is why last week she sent letter saying you owe $220 (but it should be $260)

9 weeks from 15th july pays you upto 16th september. which according to tomorrows date you owe 3 weeks rent minus $60 which is $420. but like another lady said, real estates like you to pay 2 weeks in advance resulting in them saying you owe $740 (if you got the letter last week the total would be $580)

and to make things more confusing, because they calculated wrong, said you owe $60 rather then $100, my calculations are out by $40. thus them saying you owe $540 not $580. so they made a mistake and its to your advantage

i know how frustrating they can be. my real estate sends me a letter once a month saying i am behind rent by a week because rent is due this friday (when its only tuesday) so they're always ahead of themselves.

hope i explained it enough so you understand it but i think the main part your getting confused is the 2 weeks in advance thing smile good luck smile

Heya. I'm in Tassie too!
I'm guessing by your rent amount that you're up north? My MIL is a lawyer for the Ombudsman down here, I can ask her who you should talk to if you like.
We have a tenants union place I think. Or you could ring legal aid and ask for help.
we are not through a real estate we are going direct to the owner
streetlights- we are in maydena

my biggest peev is she didnt warn us about the money running out just expected us to have it

my biggest peev is she didnt warn us about the money running out just expected us to have it

Landlords don't normally remind you when the money's due. They will send you a reminder if you haven't paid on time though.

It's not the landlords responsibility to remind you when your rent is due. We rent through an agent, our rent is due on the same date each month, I pay it a few days in advance. We have a seperate account for rent and each week the rent money gets put across into that account so when it is due we always have it ready to pay.
As a land lady myself, I never tell my tennant when her rent is due. It is her responsibilty to pay me on time. If she doesn't then I remind her. If you were paying 9 weeks in advance then she may expect you to pay another nine weeks too, if that is the arrangement you made with her. I expect my tennant to be a month in advance, and I have 4 weeks rent kept in trust as the bond. I am in Tassie too.

In your calculations did you include the bond?
complain to Ombudsman or tenancy board.
Why don't you give her a call and talk about her calculations and yours and why there would be any discrepancy between the two?

I wouldn't expect any landlord to issue reminders about rent unless that is your actual agreement that she reminds you.
no offence to anyone but i find myself constantly answering the same questions
to settle all questions
1the bond ect had already been paid before leaving qld
2 as the bond was already paid the 1500 was for rent
3 im not sure if it is written or verbal she keeps changing her mind on when she wants to move back and keeps telling us to stay longer
4 she has told us not to worry about rent cause she knew we always pay her
5 the amount she gives us keeps changing and
6 she told us that she will notify us before the next lot of rent was due i hope this answers any questions reason i have numbered them is to keep track of them myself
and she knew the 1500 was a one off to give us a start

You're just down the road from me then lol smile
Sign in to follow this topic