Huggies Forum

vac or sweep? Rss

Hi!!
So I was vacuuming and mopping today and I thought 'i wonder if anyone else vacuums their hard floors?'

I used to sweep but having a long haired dog I started vacuuming all my floors. It works better and I dont have to pick it up. smile

I also use hot water and eucalyptus for mopping rather than floor detergent.

What do you guys do?
How do you mop and stop your child from sticking their hands in the bucket? -today I moped one handed. Lol.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

I vacuum all floors in the house. I even vacuum the bath! tongue It likes to collect hair and dust. Then I mop the hard floors with pine o cleen disinfectant and hot water.

First we had Each Other, Then we had You, Now we have Everything

I have wood floors,and carpet in the lounge room and bedrooms,so i find it easier to just vacuum the lot smile

We dont have any carpet & i still vacuum. It's quicker & more efficient i reckon.
I mop with eucalyptus too - sometimes vinegar - depends on my mood...
Half my house is timber floors and the other half is carpet and i just use the vacuum. I have a long haired cat and im malting really bad so its heapy easier just to vacuum. I dont remember the last time i mopped, although i really do need to do it again.

I sweep, DS is currently going through a faze of being scared of the vac so only do that once a week when he's in the bath.
I sweep the kitchen after every meal tongue
I don't remember the last time I moped. LOL

Lol. Dd went through that. Now she follows the vacuum around. Its so funny! smile

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

I normally mop on the weekend when dh is home. He will go have daddy time while I mop and do the bathroom.

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

I usually just vacuum all the floors, unless it's only the kitchen floor that's dirty, and then I sweep.

I use hot water and disinfectant to mop, so usually try to do it when DH is home so he can keep DS busy while I do it. Otherwise to keep DS out of the bucket it's just lots of 'Nooo' with my serious face that DS thinks is hilarious roll eyes

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

I sweep for quick cleanups, but vac if I'm going to mop straight after. I mop in the evening after dinner when the kids are in bed and I don't have to worry about anyone walking over wet floors or wanting to "help" with the bucket. I use eucalyptus and hot water too smile
I vac every day, sometimes more than once a day.

We have mainly hard floors with one rug as the only carpet in the house, so it would be silly to sweep and leave one rug unclean.

We have a broom for when we accidentally break something made of glass but that is it.

And I mop with Pine o Clean floor cleaner mixed with vinegar and bi carb soda. It makes the floors come up really well.
i only vac i dont even have in inside broom. i have the big vac i use once a week for the full house and a small rechargable vac i use for the daily mess the kids make
Neither!!! That's DF's job!

He usually sweeps then steam mops. I keep telling him it would be easier to vacuum but he's worried that the vac will scratch the floor boards. (We recently had them sanded back and revarnished). I don't really see what he's worried about. The kids have already trashed them.

We only have one mat and he vacuums that every night while the kids are in the bath.

He sweeps some rooms every second day and others only once a week. He probably only gets the steam mop out once a fortnight.

Sign in to follow this topic